Thread: 5.4 3v powered 6r80 swapped 5.0 copperhead pcm update

5.4 3v powered 6r80 swapped 5.0 copperhead pcm update

Here are some more logs of my 3v 6r80 swapped 08 expedition with a 5.0 pcm.

The truck is running better than ever have a ton of time in the calibration but im about where i wanna be may need some more but as far as drivability its near perfect for my daily driver no surging no weird stuff just smooth cruising and no wrench lights which is key with the copperhead system.

the vct system is 100% operational and im running my original rotating assembly all stock with my roush m112 @13 psi been running the truck for over 2 years at the boost and 2 years prior @ 8 psi 9-9-22 433PM.hpl9-9-22 442PM.hpl

If any 3v mustang or f150 guys are interested in any info involving the 6r80 factory controlled trans with select shift DM me id be glad to help. You can run the engine with or without a vct system will work both ways.

Tuner in Training
    That sounds great! I was looking at doing a 6r80 swap into my 04 F150. I used a Saleen supercharger @10psi on my 5.4 3v and my 4r70 is starting to crap out. Select shift would be awesome. Are you using a mustang or F150 PCM? It would be cool to have the widebands and control of VCT. I was afraid of losing that so I was considering the USShift module instead, but a PCM swap seems like it could be cheaper. Plus it?d be cool to use the new gauge cluster. Thanks for pioneering this and willing to share!

The quick 6 isn’t to bad I’m using one on the truck and when tuned properly it works great either way you do it can work it just calibration a mustang or f150 5.0 pcm is a task on it own and a huge u undertaking especially if you are trying to make it function properly and run your vct system most say it can’t be done but I’m doing it and the truck is running great.

Dm me if you need help on figuring out your best route I’ll help out. The cost will vary greatly on which direction you go with your truck you can find a 6r80 for anywhere from $500 to 1500 used and pcms aren’t much 100 to 400 depending on what you want. The quick six is like 1300 and works awesome I ran one on my old silver oak pcm you probably have a green oak or black oak now in your truck?

Well I finally took the time to take out my quick 6 and I'm now running the complete powertrain off my 5.0 pcm the expedition is one off a kind and the calibration is spot on wanna start making a few setups for 2 & 3v mustangs as well as 5.4 3v and 2v vehicles. Where you buy a harness and it comes prewired depending on year and model to remove your old engine & trans harness and plug in mine and load the calibration and drive.

ILL BE POSTING MY LASTEST CALIBRATION THIS WEEK

Drove the truck up the mountain in sport mode and it was amazing also the trans is using 4 different drive modes.

Here are a few new logs I made while I had some time the trans is working great since I finally had the time to remove my quick 6 and run everything to the PCM.
    Attached Files Attached Files