Thread: 2004 300c with 2005 engine/wiring/pcm, don't start, skim ? hptuner capable to fix ?

Tuner in Training

2004 300c with 2005 engine/wiring/pcm, don't start, skim ? hptuner capable to fix ?

Hi,
    Since the engine of his 2004 300C was out, the -french, as we are in France (Europe)- owner bought 300C engine,
    as he -i think- only find a 2005 engine and not a 2004, bought the package with wiring and PCM,
    evidentlly, it doesn't start,
    so, he call me.

The car is not too close to me, so, don't want to see it and lost time and money for nothing,
    so, my asks are :

1) as the car dont start, probably is because SKIM, right ?

2) does HPT is capable to SKIM delete on this 2005 300C PCM ?

3) if not, can i be sure it's SKIM issu just with HTP ?

4) does a 2005 300C Engine/wiring/PCM on a 2004 300C can start/drive/everything as stock just with a SKIM delete ? (unmount the SKIM module around the start key and do a SKIM delete on the PCM)

Any other info or advice ?

Best regards

Tuner in Training
    bump ?

Potential Tuner
    Hi Dontov, probably it is the SKIM. You would be able to verify by using the "Key dance" to display the trouble codes in the odometer, or just use a proper scanner to scan the car. Also, if it is the skim, the red security light will remain on.

You have two choices to make it work. Simply program the 2004 VIN into the 2005 PCM. Then the skim will work properly and the 2004 keys will work normally. The other way is to delete the skim. However, since the remote door lock and unlock functions are also built into the SKIM, you will not be able to use the remotes to lock or unlock the doors or trunk. Also, if the car has TPMS, this will no longer work either since the TPMS is also built into the skim.