Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there any features we LOSE or anything if upgrading to 5.0 software?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Mine is working finally
    What version do you have?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    What version do you have?
    MPVI2 running 5.0.4.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Senior Tuner
    This version sounds like a cluster F so far, is there anything anyone likes about it over and above what we were using before?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    This version sounds like a cluster F so far, is there anything anyone likes about it over and above what we were using before?

I know many people who have hp tuners who have mpvi2 or mpvi2+ all using some variation of version 4 or prior and none of them seem to care to upgrade once i told them about the emissions test and parameter access. They also said they dont have a linked device code with an expiration.

Without more detailed info, im kinda wishing i would have bought an mpvi2+ with an older version like 4.12 from a private seller.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    Without more detailed info, im kinda wishing i would have bought an mpvi2+ with an older version like 4.12 from a private seller.
    You don't have more detailed info? I was able to finally get access to the locked parameters using 5.0.4. The only thing I'm concerned about is, if by chance HPTuners gets a knock knock from some alphabet folks, are they gonna hand over their customer/user/tuner information and turn into government rats to protect their own hides? Along with possible information of the vehicles that have been tuned? It's kinda scary when you think of it. I haven't even synced my device using 5.0.4 yet. Hey HPTuners, can you all shed some light on this? I need to decide if should upgrade to MPVI3 or not. We all completely and fully understand if you all want to pleasd the 5th...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    So are you saying if I start a ticket I will get my o2 sensor buttons back? Even if I have version 5.1.xxx?

I took the test and passed I also got a code that says it will expire in Oct of 2023

Advanced Tuner
    As of now, I'm not updating past 4.8.7

I went to 4.10.7 and fought with trying to VATS Delete an E38 for 2 days thinking I was overlooking something. Went back to 4.8.7 and changed nothing about the file, but just performed a Write Entire, and the car runs now.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
    As of now, I'm not updating past 4.8.7

I went to 4.10.7 and fought with trying to VATS Delete an E38 for 2 days thinking I was overlooking something. Went back to 4.8.7 and changed nothing about the file, but just performed a Write Entire, and the car runs now.
    Odd, first I've heard of this, did you contact support?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I did not. I made a post here about it and discussed several diagnostic methods, and once I realized for sure that it would run on starting fluid (and upon firing off inj ms was around 20 on burst, and quickly died off to 0.8ms), so to quickly try to resolve it, I just reverted back one suite version and gave it a go.

If you want the .hpt file from the car to examine, I'd be glad to send it to you.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
    I did not. I made a post here about it and discussed several diagnostic methods, and once I realized for sure that it would run on starting fluid (and upon firing off inj ms was around 20 on burst, and quickly died off to 0.8ms), so to quickly try to resolve it, I just reverted back one suite version and gave it a go.

If you want the .hpt file from the car to examine, I'd be glad to send it to you.
    Yes, please open a ticket and include the .hpt that worked and the .hpt file that didn't work and we can take a closer look. We haven't had anybody report said issue to my knowledge though so its likely an isolated one.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll assume no answer means no.

Why not just tell us it's gone?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    I'll assume no answer means no.

Why not just tell us it's gone?
    I'm saying contact support and we'll be happy to assist you directly.

All of these issues are why I decided not to update to the new code revision, I can't justify taking a class to gain access to parameters I already have access to. That and having to recertify in whatever intervals Big Brother says. We are on a slippery slope and I'm choosing not to play. If support ends, It's Stand Alone time at that point.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DakBuilder View Post
    All of these issues are why I decided not to update to the new code revision, I can't justify taking a class to gain access to parameters I already have access to. That and having to recertify in whatever intervals Big Brother says. We are on a slippery slope and I'm choosing not to play. If support ends, It's Stand Alone time at that point.
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere