Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any features we LOSE or anything if upgrading to 5.0 software?

Senior Tuner

Is there any features we LOSE or anything if upgrading to 5.0 software?

Any reason not to upgrade to the newest version just yet?

Like the marker and not function we lost way back in 2.whatever and are just now getting partially back?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

From what I can tell 5.0.3 has all of the EPA stuff incorporated. Which means you won't be able to mess with cell codes or turn certain sensors off..... I'm personally not going to upgrade my current device. I'll grab a MPVI3 once they are more readily available. Also want to see if they are better then the current MPVI2/2+ Pro platform.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by DakBuilder View Post
    From what I can tell 5.0.3 has all of the EPA stuff incorporated. Which means you won't be able to mess with cell codes or turn certain sensors off..... I'm personally not going to upgrade my current device. I'll grab a MPVI3 once they are more readily available. Also want to see if they are better then the current MPVI2/2+ Pro platform.
    Wrong. Please watch the video https://youtu.be/Ma0CkdnDkrw?t=30
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Wrong. Please watch the video https://youtu.be/Ma0CkdnDkrw?t=30
    Can you still use 4.x if you update to 5.x? I like to keep older versions on separate laptop and still use them from time to time.

Tuner in Training
    I updated to version 5 and took the class but when I went into the DTC tab certain codes like O2 sensors were still greyed out and could not be adjusted. Not sure if it is a bug or will that be the new normal.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by NBMY2KTA View Post
    I updated to version 5 and took the class but when I went into the DTC tab certain codes like O2 sensors were still greyed out and could not be adjusted. Not sure if it is a bug or will that be the new normal.
    You need to enter the device code into the software as shown here https://youtu.be/Ma0CkdnDkrw?t=30

Tuner in Training
    I did enter the code and was able to link the device. Under Parameter Access in the VCM editor it shows it is linked with current code and expires Monday September 18, 2023. I then re synced the interface.

I did enter the code and was able to link the device. Under Parameter Access in the VCM editor it shows it is linked with current code and expires Monday September 18, 2023. I then re synced the interface.
    Yeah, took the test, entered the code, and I still have parameters greyed out. Two different computers, beta and release.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Refresh device link, close all iterations of vcm editor/scanner, reopen vcm editor.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same issue I've tried refreshing, closing, uninstalling and still greyed out on beta and official release.

Tuner in Training
    I also tried refreshing device link and it says "Refreshing existing link for parameter access completed". I closed all programs and reopened VCM Editor but still has DTC's greyed out. This is on a Gen3 P01 ECM

I tried the same and still have the same issue.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by braden13 View Post
    I'm having the same issue I've tried refreshing, closing, uninstalling and still greyed out on beta and official release.
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I also tried refreshing device link and it says "Refreshing existing link for parameter access completed". I closed all programs and reopened VCM Editor but still has DTC's greyed out. This is on a Gen3 P01 ECM
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    I tried the same and still have the same issue.

Tuner in Training
    I just submitted a support ticket number 65093. Thank you for the help.

Tuner in Training
    If you open a support they will fix it. Everything is working fine now.

@Bill

So if I want to setup my C7 for race only OR if I want to return my track C7 to stock, with the update will I be able to do either manually? As in reinstalling my emissions equipment, turning back on the Emissions and so forth. The reason I say manually is I'm not asking if I can load my old stock file, I'm asking because of perhaps a lost tune file and you have to manually adjust the emissions parameters back to stock.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    My o2 sensors were greyed out, I took and passed the test, entered the code and all was back to normal. I then updated to 5.1.127 to get some trans parameters installed (Thank you Eric) but now my o2 sensors button is gone. Is this the way forward? Can I get them back?

Advanced Tuner
    Mine is working finally
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4