Thread: Unable to load Cable Init

Unable to load Cable Init

Can anyone explain this error message. All drivers on both A & B drivers are installed correctly. I get this message when trying to connect HP Tuners to the vehicle. Any ideas?? It has power because it powers my Aeroforce gauge. Some people claim that running an Aeroforce gauge can steal the power from the OBDII port when unplugged to get it to function for other interfaces. Any ideas??

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    can you post a screenshot of the error? I've never heard of this one.

Thanks
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Here is the error message. If you have trouble reading it. It says "The interface was found but no vehicle power was detected. Verify the cable is connected and KEY is in the run position. The addition of the Aeroforce scan gauge I think might have an issue with this gauge as it plugs into the OBD II port...I have to unplug it to plug the HP Tuner cord into it. I have good power (even put a battery charger on the car to boost it in case it was somehow low), the green light on the cord lights up, all drivers are installed on the Laptop. I dont see how the vehicle does not have power...my car starts up and the aeroforce gauge works fine when it is plugged in. Any ideas??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the aeroforce gauge just has an obd2 plug also right? Thats how it works...? Im just trying to picture whats going on with the wiring so maybe I or one of the other guys can help you out a bit better.

when you connect the MPVI just to the vehicle OBD2 port does the green power light come on? Do not connect it to the laptop, just the vehicle.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

When I plug the HP Tuners cord into the OBD II port by itself without plugging in the USB cable into the Laptop the green light does not come o. Im just stumped and dont know what to do anymore to make it connect and work.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    the aeroforce gauge just has an obd2 plug also right? Thats how it works...? Im just trying to picture whats going on with the wiring so maybe I or one of the other guys can help you out a bit better.

Yeah the aeroforce gauge plugs into the OBD II port. I have to unplug it for the HP Tuners plug to go into it. So it makes the Aeroforce gauge not turn on when I have the key in the on position. The Aeroforce gauge is wired up into another gauge in my car to give it power. There were no wires changed on the OBD II port at all when we did this.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    do you have access to another obd2 gm vehicle that you can do the same test as Chris described to? And I assume you just received your hardware and this is the first vehicle you've tried to connect to.

do you have access to another obd2 gm vehicle that you can do the same test as Chris described to? And I assume you just received your hardware and this is the first vehicle you've tried to connect to.

No it has been done on my car before numerous times...but this was before the addition of this aeroforce gauge. It always worked just fine. It hasn't been done on another OBDII car since I have tried it though. I should try it to see if it will work on another vehicle. I'm thinking that this aeroforce gauge has somehow tricked the port...but I honestly dont know or have a clue at this point. What do you think is going on here? Should the green light come on without plugging it into the usb port on the laptop?
    Last edited by Rare87GT; 01-25-2007 at 10:22 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah im pretty sure that shows if the obd2 port has power.

I'm not sure how the OBD II port has lost power then. That's really strange it can power and read from my Scan gauge but not from the HP Tuners side of it. I will try it on another car this evening to see if the green light comes on. Thanks for all the help so far.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    have you checked your fuse panels?

have you checked your fuse panels?

What fuse would control this on the GTP Fuse block? I checked all the fuses on the Fiero fuse block and they are fine. This engine is wired into a Fiero btw, lol.

The OBD II port is wired up for power from a power lead wire in my car. It is not hooked up to the fuse block or anything. What do you guys think? I will know tomorrow what it does hooked up on a different vehicle. Just dont think it can be a fuse on my particular car. Since it's a Fiero with a L67 stuffed inside of it...it's not wired up like a stock vehicle.

Did a check on a friends Grand Prix and the cable green light comes on with the cable plugged in without being plugged into the Laptop. On my car the cable's green light does not come on unless it is plugged into the laptop. Basically I guess I have lost power and the Aeroforce gauge pulls the power from it differently than the HP Tuners.

Tuner
    This happened to me on a couple of Gen III trucks, the fix is to replace the fuse for the cig. lighter, which also powers the OBDII.

May help???

chris

Quote Originally Posted by blucreek
    This happened to me on a couple of Gen III trucks, the fix is to replace the fuse for the cig. lighter, which also powers the OBDII.

May help???

chris
    Yeah, but this is a custom setup on a Fiero. All the wires for the OBD II port are manually wired into my car. So that rules out the cig lighter. I will have to check the wires and probably do a re-wire. But I just thought I would make sure that implies that I am not getting power.