Thread: Gti mk6 ecm cant be detected

Tuner in Training

Gti mk6 ecm cant be detected

Hi, anyone have the same issue im facing? I cant read my ecm only TCM is showing. Thank you for your suppport

Tuner in Training
    There are different mk6 ecus - some with diff tuner protections - ive even done some that are only bench. Contact support - they can help better than a forum post.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, thank you for your reply. I have tried 3 different cars already and have no luck detecting the ecm.. all i can detect is the TCM, even on VCM scanner no data is showing. I tried reading it thru Auto tuner and the ecu is MED 17.5 which should be supported as per website.. i hope you giys could shed some light on this..

I also tried contacting support and pete is helpful but cant seem to figure it out aswell.

Advanced Tuner
    Have a screenshot of the error it shows when you go to read the ECU in VCM Editor?

Tuner in Training
    Hi, technically when i read the ecu it only shoes tcm and cant even detect the ecm.

maybe its obd wiring related issue
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

I'd say have a look in the drop down after confirming what OS your ECU is running. That way when you are in the read screen on the editor you can select your ecu (There is going to be a lot of selections)
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training
    I manage to read mine, but i had to flash it on thr original file using auto tuner