Thread: ATT Mr HPsonny

ATT Mr HPsonny

Rick(Purple Ram) called me this morning and asked if I would post this,

Here's two stock 6.1 files, you'll need to change the spark table Colum axis values to the 6.1's in order to copy and paste over the values. 6.1 spark table goes from 416-6592RPMS where is your 04 5.7 tables go from 416-5984 , same with the PE table.

also

Engine>General>Type/Size/displacment should need changed to 6.1.....Now Displacment, I've ran that both ways with 6.1 value and 5.7 value..it didn't make a difference.
    Engine>Idle>Rpm , it's up to you if it's idling fine, leave it alone,
    Engine>Idle>Airflow> this can be a can of worms because some of the tables are not available in the 04PCM, but if you do a compare between both tune files, copy over the values you can, use you jugment , you know your car better then anyone . some of the none availible tables deal more with "fine tuning and Emssions"
    Engine>Airflow>General> "Limits"> Max Air flow" incress to 6.1 value of 3,254, same with "Desired Airflow">Start up, and "Minimum"> Airflow match those to the 6.1 values.
    Engine>Airflow>Speed Denisty> "dynamic air flow" match it to the 6.1 value , you can't disable VEbank 2 in the 04 PCM, so just match the VE tables to the 6.1s remember the RPM colum values will need to bechanged to 6.1's 416-6592 , Under "correction" tables, just match 6.1 vaules on, VE ECT mult and VE ECT factor "MDS mult" table change it also.
    Engine>Air Flow>Eletrionc Throttle.......bad news here , the "Pedal tables" are not available for the 04PCM
    Engine>Fuel>General> Stoich should only be .0001 off of the 6.1 , "Injector Control" is where is gets interesting, the top 2 tables will need the row axis changed to 6.1 values, 3rd table is just a match to 6.1 value, "Injector Off set" is not just a simple "copy paste" in your situation it should NOT matter. Now Start Up inj PW , will also need row axis changed and then values changed to match 6.1 values
    Engine>Fuel>Oxygen sensors, "feed back" do as you please there. The 04 PCM does not have the "transport delay" tables......they are emmsion related....don't worry about them.
    Engine>Fuel>Open Loop/Base , "Fuel Multiplier" Fuel Flow Pressure loss only matters is you are using the 6.1 donar fuel pump and Tank.
    Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>........the only one that matters is PR ratio , and again , you will need to change RPM(416-6592) to 6.1 vaules.
    Engine>Spark>Advance> , is another one that get's interesting, there are some 6.1 tables that are not availible for the 04PCM, don't worry about them, it's the actual spark tables you will need to convert , change all the RPM colum axis from 416-5984 to 416-6592. then copy over all colum values.
    Engine>Spark>Retard> ......Maxium knock and long term change row axis over to 6.1 values, the colum axis , is up to you, log some normal day trip driving and see what kind of knock , if any you are getting, the SRT6.1 tune pulls a lot of timing over 6k for knock, too much IMHO , but every car is different so is every tune.
    Engine>Spark>Knock Sensor>........really not much difference here till you get over 6k RPMs , so do what you need to do, if you spend a good amount of time driving like you stole it, then mod these , if your granny it to cruise night....they are not worth the time....Unless you Log and find it's Knocking...then forget what I said.
    Engine>Torque management>Driver demand> Power%request and expected pedal , I've never F--ked with these when doing a simple driver 6.1 swap.............now big cam , big TB max effort plat toy , yes.....unless you have some major driving issues let's leave it alone.
    The rest is not as importiant.

2006_300_SRT-PCM-6.1L-Stock.hpt06 Charger SRT6.1 Stock.hpt
    Last edited by rays04gtx; 09-17-2022 at 11:16 AM.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    Rick(Purple Ram) called me this morning and asked if I would post this,

Here's two stock 6.1 files, you'll need to change the spark table Colum axis values to the 6.1's in order to copy and paste over the values. 6.1 spark table goes from 416-6592RPMS where is your 04 5.7 tables go from 416-5984 , same with the PE table.

also

Engine>General>Type/Size/displacment should need changed to 6.1.....Now Displacment, I've ran that both ways with 6.1 value and 5.7 value..it didn't make a difference.
    Engine>Idle>Rpm , it's up to you if it's idling fine, leave it alone,
    Engine>Idle>Airflow> this can be a can of worms because some of the tables are not available in the 04PCM, but if you do a compare between both tune files, copy over the values you can, use you jugment , you know your car better then anyone . some of the none availible tables deal more with "fine tuning and Emssions"
    Engine>Airflow>General> "Limits"> Max Air flow" incress to 6.1 value of 3,254, same with "Desired Airflow">Start up, and "Minimum"> Airflow match those to the 6.1 values.
    Engine>Airflow>Speed Denisty> "dynamic air flow" match it to the 6.1 value , you can't disable VEbank 2 in the 04 PCM, so just match the VE tables to the 6.1s remember the RPM colum values will need to bechanged to 6.1's 416-6592 , Under "correction" tables, just match 6.1 vaules on, VE ECT mult and VE ECT factor "MDS mult" table change it also.
    Engine>Air Flow>Eletrionc Throttle.......bad news here , the "Pedal tables" are not available for the 04PCM
    Engine>Fuel>General> Stoich should only be .0001 off of the 6.1 , "Injector Control" is where is gets interesting, the top 2 tables will need the row axis changed to 6.1 values, 3rd table is just a match to 6.1 value, "Injector Off set" is not just a simple "copy paste" in your situation it should NOT matter. Now Start Up inj PW , will also need row axis changed and then values changed to match 6.1 values
    Engine>Fuel>Oxygen sensors, "feed back" do as you please there. The 04 PCM does not have the "transport delay" tables......they are emmsion related....don't worry about them.
    Engine>Fuel>Open Loop/Base , "Fuel Multiplier" Fuel Flow Pressure loss only matters is you are using the 6.1 donar fuel pump and Tank.
    Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>........the only one that matters is PR ratio , and again , you will need to change RPM(416-6592) to 6.1 vaules.
    Engine>Spark>Advance> , is another one that get's interesting, there are some 6.1 tables that are not availible for the 04PCM, don't worry about them, it's the actual spark tables you will need to convert , change all the RPM colum axis from 416-5984 to 416-6592. then copy over all colum values.
    Engine>Spark>Retard> ......Maxium knock and long term change row axis over to 6.1 values, the colum axis , is up to you, log some normal day trip driving and see what kind of knock , if any you are getting, the SRT6.1 tune pulls a lot of timing over 6k for knock, too much IMHO , but every car is different so is every tune.
    Engine>Spark>Knock Sensor>........really not much difference here till you get over 6k RPMs , so do what you need to do, if you spend a good amount of time driving like you stole it, then mod these , if your granny it to cruise night....they are not worth the time....Unless you Log and find it's Knocking...then forget what I said.
    Engine>Torque management>Driver demand> Power%request and expected pedal , I've never F--ked with these when doing a simple driver 6.1 swap.............now big cam , big TB max effort plat toy , yes.....unless you have some major driving issues let's leave it alone.
    The rest is not as importiant.

2006_300_SRT-PCM-6.1L-Stock.hpt06 Charger SRT6.1 Stock.hpt
    Awesome info here i will test this out and see what happens here . Thank for for all this great info .. What i will do is load it and post a log. I?m a newbie to tuning but you made it pretty simple so i hope i don?t scare anything up 🤙🏼

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpsonny View Post
    Awesome info here i will test this out and see what happens here . Thank for for all this great info .. What i will do is load it and post a log. I?m a newbie to tuning but you made it pretty simple so i hope i dont screw anything up 🤙🏼