Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drivers for MPVI3

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by APMechinneck View Post
    Why is it required to contact support to get drivers for MPVI3 when using windows 7 or 8? Can it not be linked on the website like the other drivers?
    I'll second that question

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Unfortunately not, there is a very specific set of instructions that must be followed in this case.
    So, what is the problem? Type the instructions using your favorite word processor. Print it as a PDF and zip it up with the drivers and offer it on your website as download unter the MPVI3 interface.

Seriously, I bought the MPVI3 and in 2023 it doesn't install on Windows 7 64bit (a very unknown operating system....) because of a missing driver??? At the cost of the interface alone, why isn't there a CD or USB Stick included in the package (containing drivers, manual, VCM Suite versions and Microsoft's Net. Basically everything to people up an running) so that people can get around to tuning their car instead of hasseling around with non downloadable software, opening support tickets and waiting for a response. It's not like this thing only costs 50 bucks..... AND you put a sticker on the box saying it is unreturnable after opening the seal.
    Last edited by Lightningman; 10-07-2023 at 06:56 AM.

Potential Tuner
    So, after basically waisting a lot of time (totally unnecessary if HP would simply add it to the download page) searching, I finally found out how to get the MPVI3 working under Windows 7. For those of you still looking for an answer:

Download:
    https://support.hptuners.com/hc/en-u...15100224839565

Note: This device driver will "optically" derate your MPVI3 to a 2+ unit. You can edit the file to get it to show up correctly under the system settings. I don't know why HP didn't do this. I sure hope the tuning software (VCM) is (a LOT) better than the device installer......

After downloading the file, you will need to access the energy managment settings of your computer in several places:

- First off, click on the (charging) battery icon in the tray (right mouse button).
    - Change the settings to max power and check that engery management will never be chosen.

- Then click on advanced settings. This will open a window with several sections:
    - Go to USB Settings and deactivate energy manangement
    - Select okay here and "save settings" on the energy management (if necessary)

- Open the device manager & go to USB Controller Settings
    - One by one click on EVERY USB HUB using the right mouse button.
    - Only the HUBS need checking

- Choose properties. This opens a window
    - Goto to the power managment tab and deselect ''allow the computer to enable power savings"
    - Close the device manager and reboot the computer

- Check that energy managment is basically disabled (battery icon) and
    - that the hubs cannot switch off the power via the OS.

- Now plug in your MPVI3 and let the driver search fail. This takes a moment, so be patient.
    - After it fails open the device manager and find your MPVI3
    - Using the right mouse button, click on the device and select properties

- Windows will tell there is no driver (Code 28) installed
    - Go to the driver tab and click on "update driver"
    - Windows will ask you if you want to do an automatic search or input a place for the driver
    - Choose browse

- A new window opens, where you can type in the file location of the downloaded file from above.
    - You also can use the browse function to select the file path
    - After selecting the proper path hit "next"
    - Windows will tell you the driver isn't signed.
    - Hit "Install Anyway"
    - The driver installs (wrongly as a MPVI2+ unless you modify the downloaded file) and assigns it a COM port number

After that you can finally use the Interface you paid for......
    Hope this helps people.
    Last edited by Lightningman; 10-07-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I tried getting on the link you wrote & it won?t let me in

We don't support Windows 7. Microsoft doesn't support Windows 7 anymore either, and "End Of Life"'d the product more than 3 years ago.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...