Thread: Lean at startup then goes rich after warmed up

Lean at startup then goes rich after warmed up

When I start my 14 GT400 it is popping and banging for about 20 seconds. Then seems a little better stops the popping and banging. Then the O2 sensors kick in and is showing very lean. Then when it gets warmed up to around 170 it will start to get less lean then will go to showing it is running rich. This just sitting in the garage idling and revving a little. It has tons of modes on it. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what to look at or what might be causing that.

Potential Tuner
    Engine->Fuel->General->Injector Control->Rail Temp->Offset Modifier and Slope Modifier
    Add abit to offset at lowest temp cell.

Reasoning might be, that bigger injectors operate at minimal opening times when idle, and offset changes abit with temperature. ( Offset is time passed since voltage is applied to injector, to first measurable fuel that comes out of injector )
    Also log voltage at injectors, as offset times vary with voltage.

Maybe this will help you

I will give that a try. The only thing that I found was in the channels section I see Injector Boost Voltage. Not sure if that is the on you were talking about to log.

I think you were on to something geddys. I adjusted that table and it doesn't pop and bang and is not running really lean. It was running very rich. So I put my MAF vs Period back to what it was before I tried to fix the lean with that. Now it is looking pretty good. A little lean so I am going to mess with that table a little more. But I think that was the key. Thank you.

If your high idle is fine it’s probably your “minimum injector pulse”.

I had Calibrated Success check the injectors and get the data for them. So the minimum injector pulse is the numbers from his for the injectors.

geddys you were correct. Turns out I had wrong data in those two tables. The one has the wrong data and the other one I still had the factor data in it not the return system injector data. So once I did that it was better and I have just been dropping the slope table to make it richer and I pretty much have it dialed in. Thank you for the insight.

Potential Tuner
    No problem, glad that it helped you

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the info been having a similar issue