Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.0 stage 3 leans out and dies

Here is your file with 12576341 LS3 injector data - note this will only be correct if it turns out you really do have true actual 58psi regulated pressure to the rail. If pressure is anything other than that it will need injector data taken from a different range of the source file and/or fuel system fixed, if it's overpowering the internal reg in the filter.

black68GTOSpeedDensityEnhanced2.1 - 12576341.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Ok. Hopefully Monday afternoon I'll have that sorted out!

If pressure is above 62psi key on engine off, and goes even higher with engine running (higher voltage to pump), that's a 100% sure-fire guarantee that the internal regulator in the filter is not able to handle the pump volume. If that's the case, the spring is being bottomed out and pressure is being 'regulated' by the size of the orifice, and not the spring pressure. This means your 65 (or 75) psi will drop as more of the pump's volume goes to the engine and less has to make its way through the return back to the tank. There is no way to set up the tune file for a rail pressure that varies with load like this, it can only work if pressure is the same all the time, or constantly varies 1:1 with manifold pressure. High pressure caused by an overwhelmed return path creates a neither/nor type of fuel system the PCM cannot work with.

Tuner in Training
    Ok if I find that to be the case i will get an adequate pressure regulator

Tuner in Training
    well found that that is the case. Fuel pressure is like 93psi key on engine off. I didnt even see what running pressure was, didnt see a need to since the pressure is so high

Tuner in Training
    Ok so now with the fuel pressure 58-59 psi and injector data in the car does the exact same thing??

The VE is completely fucked sideways from changes you made before.

Potential Tuner
    can anyone help do some changes to my 2006 gmc sierra 2500 6.0 i am wanting to get a lil more out of it because it fill like it just falls on its face

Tuner in Training
    i understand that but during RTT which it responds to i cant get it past 200 rpm in the VE to make changes because it dies out and starts going all over? Should i just start over with a VE table from a LT1 camaro or a 6.0 corvette VE? Im going to take it and have it Dyno tuned but in just trying to get it to run before that.

Tuner in Training
    so finally after looking in several forums figured out the abuse mode was set to 800 rpm revs up fin and fuel stays 14.3 to 15.0 now the car runs ok just has a very sluggish acceleration. hesitiates bad when whacking the throttle. nothing a little research wont figure out.