Thread: 2015 Cummins TCC Adjustment

2015 Cummins TCC Adjustment

So I've got a 2015 RAM 2500 6.7 that I'm trying to adjust the TCC lockup to occur over 40mph. The charts use output shaft speed instead of wheel speed but I used the scan tool to figure out where it needs to be but the application does not appear to change. I even read the tune after I wrote it and it appears to have changed, but I confirmed with my scan tool that the lock up remains at the factory points. Am I missing something or is it an HP issue? I've included the stock read, the adjusted tune, and a picture of TCC application through the scan tool with vehicle speed and output shaft speed for reference. Thank you for any assistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Lockup scheduling doesn?t use output shaft speed. It uses throttle angle and turbine speed for lockup scheduling. Shift scheduling uses throttle angle and output shaft speed.

Banned
    I?ll also add that above a certain throttle angle, the trans is considered to be in WOT and every one of the erroneously labeled 100 percent throttle position points is ignored and when kick down gets activated the erroneously labeled 100 percent throttle position points gets ignored and it?s a real challenge getting it to lockup at WOT. There are parameters missing. A lot of parameters missing.

Thanks Jim, so some of the charts have OSS listed and some have turbine speed. I?ve been adjusting the turbine speed this morning but still don?t seem to be able to make a difference. One question I have is why are the turbine values so high? There?s number like 12,000+. I?m wondering if this is incorrect info?

Banned
    Those values are wrong. One of the problems with HP Tuners. They can have the correct multiplier for a parameter one release, next release they got it all screwed up or they use incorrect units for a parameter like using throttle % on the shift and lockup tables instead of the correct throttle angle in degrees.

Banned
    Looking closer at those parameters you are seeing that are ridiculous high values, they actually have those parameters incorrectly mapped out.

Banned
    They have everything incorrectly mapped out in the lockup section. HP Tuners has things royally f'd up. DO NOT USE!!!

Banned
    I am currently using version 4.13.267 Beta and in that version they have damn near every single thing on the transmission messed up so bad.

I believe you are correct. Thanks again. I was able to eliminate my issue though shift scheduling on this. A heavy duty converter was installed which resonates through the exhaust when lock up occurs in 4th gear 30-32 mph. Bringing the shift point to 4th up a bit corrected this for the most part. Not perfect but it will do for now. Thanks again for the help

Banned
    The shift schedule tables is one of the very few things in the trans section that I could see that was correct, shift duty cycle tables are correct and the shift acceleration gains. Basically everything else is incorrectly mapped out.