Thread: Can't resync interface

Can't resync interface

Resync failed. Client Version not supported.
    HPTuners.png

Was just trying to add a couple credits. Worked fine a couple weeks ago.
    MPVI2 tried version 4.10.7, 5.0.4 and the latest beta. Windows 10

Has anyone ran into this? any ideas?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try the newest beta build and report back in either of the tickets you opened regarding the issue. Unfortunately the forum is not a place where you can assist you with this error message, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I opened the second ticket for a couple of reasons. 1- I wasn't if the first one even sent and 2- I found a video about sending the debug and license file.
    I wasn't sure the 2nd even sent until you acknowledged that you saw two. I can't find either ticket so at this point I can't respond to them.

I had downloaded Beta yesterday just t try it and no go. I just uninstalled that one and re-downloaded to find an even newer version.
    Today's version worked so hopefully I'm good to go.

Thanks Bill.

So after Windows and HPT updates I open editor and as soon as I lick on anything I get this popup
    Componentone.png

Can't uninstall it because I can't find it. Looks like something has crawled its was into my laptop.

Advanced Tuner
    I think that is an issue when you rename some of the HPT files or something. I had it a few times and just clicked "ok" until it stopped.

I ended up downloading a 3rd beta update and the problem went away on the newest beta but is still there on the others. Everything seems to be working for now so I'll just leave it be and give the HPT guys time to work the bugs out.

Tuner in Training
    I'm going on 2 days with a severe lack of help.

My MPVI2 wont resync, scanner and editor just hang on "please connect an MPVI2 device" so its not recongizing the device as being hooked up. The computer is recognizing it being connected and its lit up, I've gone thru all diagnostics, un installed and reinstalled both editor and scanner, tried different brand new cables but support has been slow via email telling me to "connect to the vehicle in question" and I keep telling them there is no freaking vehicle, I'm just tying to resync the device. Frustrating to say the least that HP tuners does not have the ability to remote connect to my laptop to help fix the issue.

I have a feeling my MPVI2 is dead and I'm going to have to buy a new one but with 2 full days gone not being able to use HP Tuners I'm not sure I will.

JJ@WMS
    [email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ@WMS View Post
    I'm going on 2 days with a severe lack of help.

My MPVI2 wont resync, scanner and editor just hang on "please connect an MPVI2 device" so its not recongizing the device as being hooked up. The computer is recognizing it being connected and its lit up, I've gone thru all diagnostics, un installed and reinstalled both editor and scanner, tried different brand new cables but support has been slow via email telling me to "connect to the vehicle in question" and I keep telling them there is no freaking vehicle, I'm just tying to resync the device. Frustrating to say the least that HP tuners does not have the ability to remote connect to my laptop to help fix the issue.

I have a feeling my MPVI2 is dead and I'm going to have to buy a new one but with 2 full days gone not being able to use HP Tuners I'm not sure I will.

JJ@WMS
    [email protected]
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status?

I sent the files that were asked of me yesterday at 3:25pm and got an answer back 2 hrs later saying they got the files and will get back to me.... I suppose that wont be until Monday. Pete is who I'm dealing with.

Honestly, why not save your guys a crapload of emails and save your customers long wait times and just institute remote assistance like SCT does? If I dont hear back from anyone until Monday that will be 6 days down, two lost tuning jobs and still most likely no resolution to my issue.

Not happy to say the least and yet one more reason why HPtuners is not my go to tuning software.

JJ@WMS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

I sent the files that were asked of me yesterday at 3:25pm and got an answer back 2 hrs later saying they got the files and will get back to me.... I suppose that wont be until Monday. Pete is who I'm dealing with.

Honestly, why not save your guys a crapload of emails and save your customers long wait times and just institute remote assistance like SCT does? If I dont hear back from anyone until Monday that will be 6 days down, two lost tuning jobs and still most likely no resolution to my issue.

Not happy to say the least and yet one more reason why HPtuners is not my go to tuning software.

JJ@WMS
    I reviewed the email string and it looks like the information you provided is a bit out of date ie the debug.dat file you sent had a last entry from back in August. In any event was the device working just fine, lets say Tuesday and then out of nowhere just stopped working? If so I would STRONGLY be leaning towards a hardware failure in that case. It looks like Peter has been very responsive to your emails and I a remote tuning session cannot fix a hardware failure unfortunately.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 09-24-2022 at 12:28 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've added my findings to the ticket notes so he can do a small amount of troubleshooting first thing monday before jumping into the replacement process but I'm guessing your 3 year old device just failed.

Bill I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place but I can't find anything concerning my ticket. Ive seen you ask for ticket numbers and seen where people provided them but I can't find it. I didn't get an email (even checked me spam). Maybe I gimped up somewhere (probably did) and I hate to be that guy but here I am.
    BTW, as far as i can tell everything is working on my end now. I guess between windows, firmware and software update something just didn't want to play nice.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I reviewed the email string and it looks like the information you provided is a bit out of date ie the debug.dat file you sent had a last entry from back in August. In any event was the device working just fine, lets say Tuesday and then out of nowhere just stopped working? If so I would STRONGLY be leaning towards a hardware failure in that case. It looks like Peter has been very responsive to your emails and I a remote tuning session cannot fix a hardware failure unfortunately.
    The debug.dat file I sent was the first one I copied for Eric Brooks, he was trying to help originally. I deleted the file to generate a new one but the software would not generate a new one no matter how many times I tried, so I sent the only one I had a copy of.

Responsive huh? 7 days is responsive? asking me time and time again to "connect to the vehicle in question" when there is no vehicle in question, the damn device wont resync.

Remote tuning session? What? I was asking about a remote tech session, you know like SCT does when they want to look at and try to fix the hardware they sold me or the customer so it does not need to be sent back and so they can update it or fix it remotely in a few minutes, not 7 days....

So after 7 days and 3 lost jobs I am now sending back my lightly used maybe 35 times MPVI2 on my dime to you guys to see if its bad and if it is I have been told that I have to buy a new one.... And pete has yet to answer my question from yesterday morning at 8:40 am if there will be a discounted price if I have to buy a new device so responsive? not so much.

JJ@WMS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm happy to hear he is calling in your 3 year old MPVI2 device for testing and replacement if needed. Unfortunately we do not offer discounts on MPVI3 replacement devices, sorry.

Tuner in Training
    I'm happy to hear he is calling in your 3 year old MPVI2 device for testing and replacement if needed. Unfortunately we do not offer discounts on MPVI3 replacement devices, sorry.
    Calling it in? More like I'm sending it in on my dime. No call tag was issued and I'm the one that is out of pocket no matter how you look at it. Yes it might be tested but it wont be replaced with another one for free will it?

FWIW I have a 36 year old air conditioning unit at my home and it works like a charm. Sorry but I expect a product to last longer than three years. I have customers using 10 year old SCT tuning devices that are tossed into glove boxes all the time with no issues and my MPVI2 is either plugged into a car or sits on my desk, its far from old.

JJ@WMS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Calling it in? More like I'm sending it in on my dime. No call tag was issued and I'm the one that is out of pocket no matter how you look at it. Yes it might be tested but it wont be replaced with another one for free will it?

FWIW I have a 36 year old air conditioning unit at my home and it works like a charm. Sorry but I expect a product to last longer than three years. I have customers using 10 year old SCT tuning devices that are tossed into glove boxes all the time with no issues and my MPVI2 is either plugged into a car or sits on my desk, its far from old.

JJ@WMS
    I'm sorry, our devices only carry a standard 1 year warranty which is pretty typical for most electronics products.

Tuner in Training
    I'm sorry, our devices only carry a standard 1 year warranty which is pretty typical for most electronics products.
    Since getting answers and attention here seems to be quicker than emailing with support can you look into if my device has been looked at yet or not? I emailed Pete last friday morning asking for an update and as usual 3 days have gone by without any update or answer. It was sent back on the 27th of September priority mail.

JJ@WMS
    Last edited by JJ@WMS; 10-10-2022 at 03:37 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please make sure to include the tracking number in the ticket.