Thread: 2000 Jeep wrangler PCM swaps

Potential Tuner

2000 Jeep wrangler PCM swaps

I have a 2000 jeep wrangler sport 4.0 manual unfortaley when i went to go read it my pcm bricked on me right after i had read it. it is the jpec pcm while at the salvage yard looking for pcms i couldnt find any jeeps. But other chrysler products like the dodge durango and dodge ram essentially use the same jpec pcm. i was gonna go ahead and try ordering a new one. After thinking about it since i still have my file for my pcm before it bricked am i able to go get a pcm out of one those other vehicles and just write my stock file too it. i do understand i ll have to buy another credit but fortaneley they are only one credit too tune the jpec pcms. sorry for the rambling its just i can get a used one from a salvage yard for 50 bucks instead of paying the 500 for a new one for the jeep. I'm currently running the mpvi3 with the newest software. if anyone could answer this for me would be much apprecitated.

Tuner in Training
    have to do some research and figure out how your dash comunicates with the pcm i ran into that issue with my 01 dakota that the guy i bought it off of swapped the v6 to a 5.9 and used a pcm out of a 98 ram it ran the engine but i had no communication with the dash so no gauges at all, i ended up getting an 01 rt pcm and using hp tuners to convert it to a manual trans file since dodge didnt make a 5.9 5 speed pcm for 01 in a dakota and other than a couple codes i still havent been able to turn off it all works like it should for the setup ive got at least.
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.