Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help flair full throttle 4-5 shift

Senior Tuner
    Yeah just noticed that. Have edited my post... Sorry

Here is the log Also if the shift pressure was increased shouldn't oncoming volume be increased? 3-4 4-5 test 2.hpl
    Last edited by Maxim; 09-29-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Needs more shift pressure. Still not enough in there. Try this one out. I didn't like the TCC settings, I've put them back. If this doesn't do it then we'll hit the adapts. Will need an adapt reset / preset.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah still doing the same thing.3-4 45 #3.hpl

Senior Tuner
    That's getting a fair bit of shift pressure. Your 3-4 is working great!

I've maxed out your 4-5 shift pressure. And lets try filling the clutch up a little more. Oncoming volume preset, up 1psi at a time. Reset / preset adapts. How long has it been slipping for?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not that long. The car was down for about a month and then it randomly started to happen about a week ago. Before that the shifts were mint. It's ironic 3-4 was bad now its good, 4-5 was good now 4-5 is causing problems lol.
    Last edited by Maxim; 09-30-2022 at 02:01 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Ok. I don't mean to sound condescending, have you dropped the pan for a peak and refreshed the fluid lately, or at least verified the fluid level. And when did you start running on E85?

Yeah after the rebuild the drive mode position sensor went bad so I did a full flush and fill a little over a month ago (barely drove the car because it sat for a month after). I did install a trans cooler and I filled the trans up with the normal procedure and added the extra quart.
    The car has been on E85 for a few years. I do cycle 91 occasionally, and recently I got the engine tune fixed so it's on a mix of E85 and 91.

Just went and tested it, and its still flaring. log #5.hpl
    Last edited by Maxim; 10-01-2022 at 12:59 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Sorry, didn't see your edit. I'll have a look tonight. Take it easy on the 4-5. She might be sick.

Sounds good.
    There has also been a frequent whining noise (kinda sounds like a dying power steering pump) in 1st gear when I turn the car on and give it gas. If I let it move while idling for like a minute it won't make any sound.
    It goes way after a few seconds, but if I drive and then start in 1st again there is no noise. And if I manually start in 2nd there is no noise.

Maybe this has something to do with it because both problems came up around the same time.

Also in this log for comparison, if you look at the PCS commanded pressure, they are different compared to log#5.
    Log with 3-4, 3-4-5, 2-3-4-5.hpl
    Last edited by Maxim; 10-02-2022 at 11:33 PM.

Senior Tuner
    This may help.

Do a TCM write entire with this file. Then reset / preset adapts.

Senior Tuner
    ECM is do not write. There have been no changes made there.
    Correct for TCM.
    Reset / Preset and then a couple of drive cycles to learn.

Ok the reason I ask is because when I had the engine tune corrected the tourqe model was changed and the maf calibration was fixed. So ill stick with what I have on the engine section because that fixed the leaning out issue.

I'll only write to the trans

Here is the tune on the car now if you wanted to see tune that is on car now ............hpt
    Last edited by Maxim; 10-03-2022 at 05:54 AM.

I tried to flash the tune you posted and it told me I don't have the credits to flash it, so I just flashed the "Tune (12)" file for the trans, did a write entire and reset/preset adapts. Only thing I changed was the initial TCC apply pressure at cruising speed because it was low.
    Last edited by Maxim; 10-04-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Senior Tuner
    It shouldn't have done that. I just segment swapped the calibration from a known stock file. Anyway, lets see how you go and if there is any improvement.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Sounds good.
    There has also been a frequent whining noise (kinda sounds like a dying power steering pump) in 1st gear when I turn the car on and give it gas. If I let it move while idling for like a minute it won't make any sound.
    It goes way after a few seconds, but if I drive and then start in 1st again there is no noise. And if I manually start in 2nd there is no noise.

Maybe this has something to do with it because both problems came up around the same time.

Also in this log for comparison, if you look at the PCS commanded pressure, they are different compared to log#5.
    Log with 3-4, 3-4-5, 2-3-4-5.hpl
    The noise you are referring to could possibly be your pump in the transmission. Id check physical line pressure at the pump if you are able to, just to make sure its not that.

My trans has a modified valve body with the sonax parts from circle d. Wouldn't that affect overall line pressure and give a different reading than stock specs?

Senior Tuner
    Is the 4-5 flare gone with the TCM write entire?

I haven't tested it yet. I'm going to drive it for a little longer just to make sure the trans has enough time to learn.
    Also weeding out the issue of the fluid level possibly being the problem.

I have tested low rpm (~2500rpm) medium load manual shifts and the 4-5 is good.
    Last edited by Maxim; 10-06-2022 at 02:26 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Ok. Always good to have the basics ticked off. Good luck.