Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Glitchy Bluetooth Data

  1. #1
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    2

    Glitchy Bluetooth Data

    New to TrackAddicts and RaceRender! I managed to successfully overlay my data recording from my phone on top of Garmin catalyst data video using RaceRender.

    Yesterday I was at a lapping day at Mosport, I decided I wanted to pull/record a couple more inputs via Bluetooth for the day.

    Upon getting home and trying to combine the catalyst vid with TA data, it seemed like it skips a bit. Throttle, RPM, and speed are jumping.

    Being new, I tried to search and find as much info as I could. Upon looking at the CSV log, I have found some spots where RPM will go from say 4600 to 5700 in one line. What I noticed is where this happened, "OBD_Update" shows 1 as value.

    After searching, the only thing I found was there may have been too many channels selected. From my previous track day where everything worked fine to yesterday, I think I tried to log 2-3 extra channels.

    Is this likely the culprit? I need to reduce the number of channels being recorded? I've attached a snip as an example: Column 1 = OBD_Update, Column 2 = Eng RPM, Column 3 = Speed

    I am using a VEEPEAK OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner FWIW.

    Thanks!

    obd.PNG
    Last edited by bravo.charlie; 1 Week Ago at 01:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    358
    Like you said, probably just logging too many things. Depending on the car, dongle, etc. you might only get a total data rate of around 20 PID/s or so. Log 4 things at 5hz, 10 things at 2hz etc. Post the csv if you can.

  3. #3
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Like you said, probably just logging too many things. Depending on the car, dongle, etc. you might only get a total data rate of around 20 PID/s or so. Log 4 things at 5hz, 10 things at 2hz etc. Post the csv if you can.
    Thanks for the help, I've attached the log but had to cut out about half due to max file size.

    MOSPORT LOG.csv

  4. #4
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    358
    It looks like a poor connection or something else going on.... over 633 seconds, there were 304 OBD updates. Sometimes no OBD update for a few seconds. You're logging 9 things, which I wouldn't expect to be super fast logging, but should at least be 2-3 hz overall rate.

    I can't see the extra 2-3 channels totally killing it like this, but who knows. Try the original/smaller log list again, or see if you can repeat this issue somehow to narrow it down.