Thread: Anyone on here swap a 5.4 Navigator engine into a 3v expedition?

Potential Tuner

Anyone on here swap a 5.4 Navigator engine into a 3v expedition?

I've swapped a 5.4 4 valve from a 2004 Navigator. I tried to tune it with another companies tuning software. Unfortunately nobody at the company actually writes tunes. And their best answer was to just swap the pcm. Unfortunately the modifications won't allow that. I have swapped to a mustang throttle body for drive by wire. I've deleted the iac and egr. I set the software for 1 cam sensor, but it is still looking for both. It starts right away, but stumbles and dies after a few seconds. Giving it throttle keeps it alive slightly but it still dies off. I want to k ow if the hp tuner will do what the other company couldn't do and help me make the swap work.

Advanced Tuner
    What about swapping to a 2004 F150 PCM? I've tuned those with HPT and they're drive by wire. There's no way it will run right, you need a drive by wire PCM. The tables you need won't be in the calibration.

Creation Date: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM

2004 Ford F-Series F-150, 5.4 L, V8

Hardware: Black Oak 1472K, Ford
    VIN:

Tuner in Training
    I may be wrong, but I don?t think you can use a cable TB without the IAC. Otherwise you need drive by wire throttle body and pedal so that the ECU can adjust idle air so the engine won?t die. That?s what the IAC does for throttle cable cars, unless you can shim the throttle body slightly open somehow like how you adjust the idle on a carb.