Thread: Resetting TPS or accelerator pedal position sensor

Resetting TPS or accelerator pedal position sensor

Is there a way to reset the TPS or accelerator pedal position sensor on a 2014 GT500? With my 91 and cable driven throttle body with the megasquirt it has setting to have the computer relearn 0 to 100 on the TPS. But I am wondering if there is any like that for an electronic throttle body or electronic pedal sensor.

Bump..

Quote Originally Posted by mlecy View Post
    Is there a way to reset the TPS or accelerator pedal position sensor on a 2014 GT500? With my 91 and cable driven throttle body with the megasquirt it has setting to have the computer relearn 0 to 100 on the TPS. But I am wondering if there is any like that for an electronic throttle body or electronic pedal sensor.
    Simple answer is no. You should never have to re-learn TPS in any modern Ford. If something is wrong with TB its either mechanical or something messed up in your tune

Thanks Veefour. Yeah definitely something in my tune. Car won't shift before it hits the limiter at WOT. Every gear. I have an RTD device that came with the car. I'll be ordering the MPVI3 next month so I can dig down in the editor. Tuner at Lund said it was set to shift at 7k, with limiter at 7300. I hit 7300 and car shuts off.