Thread: ATS 2.0t Timing

ATS 2.0t Timing

Why is it so low? 1-2 degrees stock WOT. Also, the stock timing 3D graph looks terrible. Is this correct? 9 degrees timing in the low ranges. 2016 automatic. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    With the various adders for MAT, EQR, etc. generally they end up closer to 5* - 8* at full boost. It's because you're dealing with a factory turbocharged engine running up to 20psi+ with a very restrictive turbine designed for maximum responsiveness and torque.

It?s my sons car. He got a stage one from zzp. Seems good. I logged for a while yesterday. I?m on my phone so can?t post tune file yet. The stock and tuned timing tables are really rough. Craters and spikes everywhere. Also, showing pretty lean. I was going to smooth it and adjust maf and fuel a little. The tables should be smooth? My ZO6 is 27.5 degrees wide open E50. This is much different. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbjr View Post
    My ZO6 is 27.5 degrees wide open E50. This is much different. Thanks
    Yes, a V8 versus a turbocharged 4 cylinder is quite different. If you ran 27.5* on this engine, the pistons would come out the side of the block.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    I know the ring lands come off LNFs at 19* advance because thats how mine ended up in the oil pan.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    I know the ring lands come off LNFs at 19* advance because thats how mine ended up in the oil pan.
    wait, wha???

i went to a dyno event that had a lighter load than the real road. after the even i left my hero file in and it broke the lands in one hole and torched through the dome in another. Pulled hard… for a little bit

hmm thats odd, since i had read in the past and recent of some ppl's tune they're running 19* and above either with 93 pump and/or e47/e50/e85 without issues? what're all of your mod list setup?
    Last edited by fst100; 10-05-2022 at 06:10 AM.

i haven’t had the car since 2013. Pump 91 when it blew. The parts were just a custom inlet transition from air box to turbo inlet and a full length Hahn 3” exhaust. Nothing fancy but i was really leaning on it in the tune.

I had to take some timing out of the stock high octane table only up top on 93 pump gas. I found that the stock timing table is really close, only removed a degree here and there to clean it up. My car has 11 degrees at 245 kpa on E50, 7.5 degrees from flex adder. That would be 3.5 degrees on pump gas. On a 2017 ATS 2.0