Thread: motor Shuts off above 18#

motor Shuts off above 18#

So my issue is anytime I'm at the track and i try to run more than 18# of boost the motor shuts off!!!

Is there something in the software that would cause this? My OS is 3bar SD. unfortunately when i drive on the street i never get to 18# due to lack of traction.
    After the motor shuts off I can restart with no issues. It has been doing this since I switched to SD 2 years ago, so that is what makes me think its in the tune. And the amount of time it has been I have gone through anything that could be mechanical or electrical ie wiring. also When I am out in Mexico doing some roll racing I can get it over 18# and as high as 31# but I am only running 3rd gear doing that.

Bellow is my tune and last log that the motor shut off. the area of the shut down on the log starts at 1:07 on the time stamp and goes to 1:22

if any other info is needed please ask.

0411 ecm
    running a 6.0 w/forged rods and pistons on E85
    I am running E85 but still using pump afr wide band
    4L80e trans
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoolnsquirrels View Post
    So my issue is anytime I'm at the track and i try to run more than 18# of boost the motor shuts off!!!

Is there something in the software that would cause this? My OS is 3bar SD. unfortunately when i drive on the street i never get to 18# due to lack of traction.
    After the motor shuts off I can restart with no issues. It has been doing this since I switched to SD 2 years ago, so that is what makes me think its in the tune. And the amount of time it has been I have gone through anything that could be mechanical or electrical ie wiring. also When I am out in Mexico doing some roll racing I can get it over 18# and as high as 31# but I am only running 3rd gear doing that.

Bellow is my tune and last log that the motor shut off. the area of the shut down on the log starts at 1:07 on the time stamp and goes to 1:22

if any other info is needed please ask.

0411 ecm
    running a 6.0 w/forged rods and pistons on E85
    I am running E85 but still using pump afr wide band
    4L80e trans
    I see a few issues. It's running out of injector at 6800 rpm/219kPa. However, it's still pretty rich up until it runs into the issue.
    Load the attached tune file and see if the issue still exists.spring 22 e85 w20 timing 80deg 28x10.5 KW MOD.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    I see a few issues. It's running out of injector at 6800 rpm/219kPa. However, it's still pretty rich up until it runs into the issue.
    Load the attached tune file and see if the issue still exists.spring 22 e85 w20 timing 80deg 28x10.5 KW MOD.hpt
    Thank you for the file , I tried to run it but unfortunately no change. Just curious what was the change on the tune?

Senior Tuner
    I make a couple small changes, but primarily reenabled some of the DTC's. Does it throw any codes when the issue occurs?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    I make a couple small changes, but primarily reenabled some of the DTC's. Does it throw any codes when the issue occurs?
    sorry been a while, got busy at work.

No codes

Senior Tuner
    Have you checked crankshaft end play?

The trans can push into the crank.. Moving the crank forward. causing ECM to loose crank signal.. car shuts down. I've had it happen with a couple cars with one engine builder.

If not that.. maybe its a ground or harness issue that is only showing up with 1st hooks up.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoolnsquirrels View Post
    Your cylinder airmass hits the hard limit of the PCM. It's about 2.2x grams; I don't remember the exact value.

You have to scale your tune to overcome that limit.