Thread: RTT OS mod missed step

Tuner in Training

RTT OS mod missed step

I've searched and can't find this explained. During a quick dyno session we tried to convert my P01 ECM to the real time custom OS as i'm pure speed density. Was initially only needing to check one thing on a new combo, it was one of those "while we're here" moments. I'm a carby guy learning new things, go easy! Slightly convoluted story short, i missed the step where you uncheck the error codes then write entire as the final step, so i wrote entire with the codes active. Suffice to say, the real time features don't work at all, we tweaked the tune the "old way".

Can anyone confirm if i can just do this, uncheck the code, do a fresh write entire with the OS modded file or should i start again with my tune file from the old OS, and repeat all steps?

The ECM OS shows no: 1273001 . Not sure if this signifies that the changes didn't work or if that's the "new" OS code?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not an expert on the topic, but I did just apply a 1 bar OS mod that supports RTT to a 2002 Camaro a month or so ago. It looks like if the mod was successfully applied, you should see the following changes in VCM Editor:

• In the Tune Details window (Edit > Calibration Details), the Operating System ID in the left column of the Controllers tab should have the format "<old OS ID> -> <new OS ID>" rather than just a single OS ID.
    • This dropdown menu should appear on the General tab of the Engine group.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Post your stock file and the last file you wrote to the ecm for review.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm not an expert on the topic, but I did just apply a 1 bar OS mod that supports RTT to a 2002 Camaro a month or so ago. It looks like if the mod was successfully applied, you should see the following changes in VCM Editor:

• In the Tune Details window (Edit > Calibration Details), the Operating System ID in the left column of the Controllers tab should have the format "<old OS ID> -> <new OS ID>" rather than just a single OS ID.
    • This dropdown menu should appear on the General tab of the Engine group.
    Thankyou, you're spot on. This appears to tell me then that the file and ECM are now RTT but i need to select/alter a few things before attempting to use the feature.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Post your stock file and the last file you wrote to the ecm for review.
    Cheers Bill, before Current best tune licensed.hpt

After Current best tune licensed RTT.hpt

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    engine-general you have real time tuning mode set to disabled, you need to enable it and select the mode as outlined in the help file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    engine-general you have real time tuning mode set to disabled, you need to enable it and select the mode as outlined in the help file.
    I did find that thanks Bill.