Thread: Fuel Injectors??

Fuel Injectors??

I finally see some time in the near future to put my C7 back under the knife. Been running my YSi-V7 on stock size pullies wayyyy too long. So its time to add bigger injectors LP/HPFP etc. The cam I have only has a +10% fuel lobe. With that being said, will I even be able to utilize +30% injectors or should I stick to the LT4's. I plan to go with 2 sizes below the standard upper pully size, and 1 size above the stock crank size. Also, as of now which injector would you recommend?
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnotes View Post
    I finally see some time in the near future to put my C7 back under the knife. Been running my YSi-V7 on stock size pullies wayyyy too long. So its time to add bigger injectors LP/HPFP etc. The cam I have only has a +10% fuel lobe. With that being said, will I even be able to utilize +30% injectors or should I stick to the LT4's. I plan to go with 2 sizes below the standard upper pully size, and 1 size above the stock crank size. Also, as of now which injector would you recommend?
    If I had to do it all over again I would have went right to port injection. Check out TooHighPSI’s website. That eliminates the cam lobe sizing and expensive DI injector/HPFP nonsense. Your cam lobe only being +10% will severely limit what you can do otherwise. The port injection system will let you rock and roll. You’ll still need your low side beefed up. LT4 in-tank with JMS voltage booster is a pretty solid setup that will take you to 750-800 WHP before running out of steam.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
    If I had to do it all over again I would have went right to port injection. Check out TooHighPSI’s website. That eliminates the cam lobe sizing and expensive DI injector/HPFP nonsense. Your cam lobe only being +10% will severely limit what you can do otherwise. The port injection system will let you rock and roll. You’ll still need your low side beefed up. LT4 in-tank with JMS voltage booster is a pretty solid setup that will take you to 750-800 WHP before running out of steam.
    Agreed!