Thread: 2011 VW GTI 2.0 stock tune help

Tuner in Training

Unhappy 2011 VW GTI 2.0 stock tune help

Hello all,

I have a buddy that brought me his 2011 VW GTI 2.0 for a lot of work. Mechanical and tuning, the thing is a mess. I finally fixed all of the mechanical issues, tried to read the tune and it appears to be tuner locked as I cannot read it at all. My buddy did not tune it, and the previous owner said that it "may" have a cobb flash on it but doesnt have the accessport or the stock file. I dont understand how that could be the case because a paired accessport is useless to anyone but the vehicle owner, but I digress..

What are my options to get this thing fixed? Can I write a licensed stock file over the current "cobb" tune, or am I on the hunt for a PCM that isnt tuner locked?

Any help would be appreciated.

MED 17.1 VAG
    1K0907115AT_0040
    Last edited by r10tgunn3r; 09-27-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r10tgunn3r View Post
    Hello all,

I have a buddy that brought me his 2011 VW GTI 2.0 for a lot of work. Mechanical and tuning, the thing is a mess. I finally fixed all of the mechanical issues, tried to read the tune and it appears to be tuner locked as I cannot read it at all. My buddy did not tune it, and the previous owner said that it "may" have a cobb flash on it but doesnt have the accessport or the stock file. I dont understand how that could be the case because a paired accessport is useless to anyone but the vehicle owner, but I digress..

What are my options to get this thing fixed? Can I write a licensed stock file over the current "cobb" tune, or am I on the hunt for a PCM that isnt tuner locked?

Any help would be appreciated.

MED 17.1 VAG
    1K0907115AT_0040
    when you read hpt downloads a stock file for your ecu, if it cant read create a ticket. you should be able to flash that stock file over whatever tune is in the ecu. (not recommended buthavent heard of anyone with problems flashing over an already tuned car)

Tuner in Training
    Thats the problem, its not letting me read the ECU at all. Its giving me x35 Invalid Key error. I created a ticket and Pete told me its locked and to have the dealer flash the stock tune. The dealerships around me wont touch it.

Tuner in Training
    I found a stock tune file that Id like to try writing to the vehicle. Anyone know if its possible to change the VIN in the file? Are there any anti-theft protections that this may trip? Typically I work on GM vehicles, and re-writing VINS and re-linking VATS is pretty straight forward..

not on theses ecu's as vin is witten on a different memory (EEPROM), why dont you bench it?
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com