Thread: 03 power drops out in 6th gear under moderate acceleration

03 power drops out in 6th gear under moderate acceleration

Hello,

Truck is a 03 305/555 Cummins engine with 6 speed manual gear box
    In 6th gear accelerating to pass vehicles on the hi-way at around ~85% or greater throttle, the truck hits what fills like a limiter where the engine will stop making
    power all together (like the "ignition" key is shut off) until I lift my foot off the accelerator pedal and reapply it. Then the truck engine will start responding and make power again.

I did not write this tune file, but it is unlocked where I can see all the parameters. I am not sure I should post it since it is not mine, but hoping someone might have
    an idea on what might be happening or what parameters to look at that could possibly cause this to happen?

I can only get this to happen in 6th gear which seems odd to me. Accelerating in any other gear is completely normal.

Thanks,
    Derek
    2003 Cummins SRW LWB QC 4x4 NV5600 305/555

Quote Originally Posted by Derekb707 View Post
    Hello,

Truck is a 03 305/555 Cummins engine with 6 speed manual gear box
    In 6th gear accelerating to pass vehicles on the hi-way at around ~85% or greater throttle, the truck hits what fills like a limiter where the engine will stop making
    power all together (like the "ignition" key is shut off) until I lift my foot off the accelerator pedal and reapply it. Then the truck engine will start responding and make power again.

I did not write this tune file, but it is unlocked where I can see all the parameters. I am not sure I should post it since it is not mine, but hoping someone might have
    an idea on what might be happening or what parameters to look at that could possibly cause this to happen?

I can only get this to happen in 6th gear which seems odd to me. Accelerating in any other gear is completely normal.

Thanks,
    Derek
    You wouldn't be able to view the file at all if it was locked. Also if you're having issues it's not always the tune, that said there are a lot of bad tuners out there as well. Either post the tune or post a data log while logging every PID you can with the issue occurring during said log. Otherwise everyone trying to help is essentially throwing darts blindfolded, my guess is your issue deals with a speed or fuel limiter.

Come in private message or post the tune and a datalog we will help
    03 cummins,175% flux injectors,dual cp3,s467.7/83 1.00
    Nv5600 with valair triple disc clutch

Quote Originally Posted by MAIDENCR View Post
    Come in private message or post the tune and a datalog we will help
    PM'd
    2003 Cummins SRW LWB QC 4x4 NV5600 305/555