Thread: Validate Checksum Fail HPVI3 RAM 3.6L Pentastar

Potential Tuner

Validate Checksum Fail HPVI3 RAM 3.6L Pentastar

2015 RAM 1500 V6 3.6L Penastar
    Sprintex Supercharger
    Unlocked PCM from Diablosport
    Sprintex SC Tune from Diablo

The current tune is from Sprintex and is CARB compliant so I need to return to the that tune. I purchased the HPVI3 hoping to clean-up the drivable but messy Sprintex tune.
    When doing the initial PCM/TCM read - there is a checksum error which stops the process.

Is it possible to read the existing tune as a starting point and return to that (or flash with my Diablo box)? Maybe there is a lock on the tune?
    Does the Diablo PCM unlock cause problems with HP Tuners?

Really hoping that I don't have to get yet another unlocked PCM and start from scratch with a supercharger.

Any help is appreciated....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Bill -

Ticket: 66485 setup

Fingers crossed there is a solution. The goal has been to use the Sprintex/Diablo (current tune) as the starting point since it is in the ballpark already.

Buying another PCM and starting from scratch is a very expensive and very time consuming path to take.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Thanks Bill -

Ticket: 66485 setup

Fingers crossed there is a solution. The goal has been to use the Sprintex/Diablo (current tune) as the starting point since it is in the ballpark already.

Buying another PCM and starting from scratch is a very expensive and very time consuming path to take.
    I am curious how long it typically takes to get a response for issues like this one. Not in a huge hurry, but would like to plan the myriad of things that need to be planned to engage the tuning process.
    There are at least a few people (vendors) that I need to coordinate.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    I am curious how long it typically takes to get a response for issues like this one. Not in a huge hurry, but would like to plan the myriad of things that need to be planned to engage the tuning process.
    There are at least a few people (vendors) that I need to coordinate.
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    For those wondering.....this was resolved on the backend by adding a definition to the database used by the software. I installed the latest beta afterwards and everything seems to be working now.

Hooray. Lets tune.