Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 fusion 2.0 EcoBoost

Tuner in Training

2017 fusion 2.0 EcoBoost

There anyone here doing custom tunes for the 2.0 EcoBoost. Running stock everything on the car lol I have HP tuners. But don't have the balls to mess with something boosted.

I'm sure there are a few, but if you want a tune then you better off contacting any of the pro tuners out there. This Board is more for people that do their own tuning, if you want to learn how to tune yours, the best advice I can give you is to read up on it it, and watch videos. Far as the ecoboost platform goes, you really would have to screw up big time to puke a motor. Not saying it can't be done, but there are a lot of limiters that keep that from happening.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
    I'm sure there are a few, but if you want a tune then you better off contacting any of the pro tuners out there. This Board is more for people that do their own tuning, if you want to learn how to tune yours, the best advice I can give you is to read up on it it, and watch videos. Far as the ecoboost platform goes, you really would have to screw up big time to puke a motor. Not saying it can't be done, but there are a lot of limiters that keep that from happening.
    thanks for the advice i guess it would make sense that it would be hard ish to blow up the engine. im sure yes it can be done but like you said would have to be something big lol. i have basic understanding of tuning and i can build a engine so i should be safe. thanks this has actually helped my confidence with tuning.

No problem, big thing about starting out with tuning is making small adjustments and not getting greedy or thinking more is better. On top of, sometimes going smaller is better. I started out using Cobb on my 2013 Fusion 2.0 eco about 8 years ago, then I bought my 2017 Fusion Sport and went with HP. I took what I learn from tuning on the 13 and applied it to the Sport, but I,ve learned a lot since I bought it two + years ago now, and keep learning some new all the time. Other thing I can't say enough, is to just ask. We all have been there at one time or another when we just can't seem to find the problem. With the Ecoboost platform it's not hard to do either. There's tons of info on this board, just have to look for it, and lot's of very knowledgable people willing to help.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
    No problem, big thing about starting out with tuning is making small adjustments and not getting greedy or thinking more is better. On top of, sometimes going smaller is better. I started out using Cobb on my 2013 Fusion 2.0 eco about 8 years ago, then I bought my 2017 Fusion Sport and went with HP. I took what I learn from tuning on the 13 and applied it to the Sport, but I,ve learned a lot since I bought it two + years ago now, and keep learning some new all the time. Other thing I can't say enough, is to just ask. We all have been there at one time or another when we just can't seem to find the problem. With the Ecoboost platform it's not hard to do either. There's tons of info on this board, just have to look for it, and lot's of very knowledgable people willing to help.
    i just finished playing around tonight. not going to lie got rather frustrated and put the stock tune back on. seemed like anything i did made it slower.. i dunno seems like a lot of people are tight lipped on here about sharing what they have done. i am more then willing to pay someone for a custom tune right about now. from you or anyone. who has done a tune for this car on here.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I seem to have gotten my tune in a happy spot so far I am on the rich side tho. Can anyone help me with the histogram chart or where to dial in fuel.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes26977 View Post
    Ok I seem to have gotten my tune in a happy spot so far I am on the rich side tho. Can anyone help me with the histogram chart or where to dial in fuel.
    As far as I know, you should only mess with the torque management of the engine, and the ECU will increase the power based on what you input there. I found a guide some time ago, you should check it out https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Tuning-Guides

Tuner in Training
    Awesome thank you!

Tuner
    There anyone here doing custom tunes for the 2.0 EcoBoost. Running stock everything on the car lol I have HP tuners. But don't have the balls to mess with something boosted.
    I have a 17 fusion also, running e85 in it right now. what fuel you plan on using?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevekreger View Post
    I have a 17 fusion also, running e85 in it right now. what fuel you plan on using?
    im in Alberta planning on using regular 87 octane. will probably throw 94 octane in it every once in a while.

Tuner
    im in Alberta planning on using regular 87 octane. will probably throw 94 octane in it every once in a while.
    i can give you a pretty safe 87 oct tune if you want, slight boost increase, can't get a whole lot extra with 87, because the engines are prone to knock, even with 93-94 it helps a little more but not a whole lot. first thing you want to do though is "read entire" the stock tune and copy it in a couple different places so you can always go back if you have to.

Tuner in Training
    i can give you a pretty safe 87 oct tune if you want, slight boost increase, can't get a whole lot extra with 87, because the engines are prone to knock, even with 93-94 it helps a little more but not a whole lot. first thing you want to do though is "read entire" the stock tune and copy it in a couple different places so you can always go back if you have to.
    I got it saved in a few places lol would be great if we can do a tune. What would you like for the tune?

Tuner

17 fusion 2.0 87 oct tune

17 fusion 87 oct rev4.hpt
    I got it saved in a few places lol would be great if we can do a tune. What would you like for the tune?
    i don't want anything for it, you can just compare each setting and copy into your tune and save it. it should automatically add more power when you run 93 oct.

Tuner in Training
    17 fusion 87 oct rev4.hpt i don't want anything for it, you can just compare each setting and copy into your tune and save it. it should automatically add more power when you run 93 oct.
    thanks i will give it a shot.

Tuner
    87 octrev4.hpl
    thanks i will give it a shot.
    no problem, let me know how it works. here is a log of that tune. i would recommend that you use the same pids to log your tunes after you change anything, to keep an eye on knock retard etc..

Tuner in Training
    87 octrev4.hpl no problem, let me know how it works. here is a log of that tune. i would recommend that you use the same pids to log your tunes after you change anything, to keep an eye on knock retard etc..
    so far so good first gear seems a little lack lustier any way to get first gear a little better. i did 1 more psi of boost then what you have. seems happy tho afr is 11.5 at wot

Tuner
    Screenshot (9).png
    so far so good first gear seems a little lack lustier any way to get first gear a little better. i did 1 more psi of boost then what you have. seems happy tho afr is 11.5 at wot
    thats's good, just try to keep an eye on the knock retard. If it starts hitting -5 or more, I would back things off a little. in the photo you can try putting the highest ratio "1.2969" underneath the 90 column, and see if that helps a little. I didn't have the power increased much below 3000 rpm in this tune, as trying to avoid lspi.

Tuner in Training
    Screenshot (9).png thats's good, just try to keep an eye on the knock retard. If it starts hitting -5 or more, I would back things off a little. in the photo you can try putting the highest ratio "1.2969" underneath the 90 column, and see if that helps a little. I didn't have the power increased much below 3000 rpm in this tune, as trying to avoid lspi.
    Sounds good I will give that a shot sorry for getting back to you so late. Anyone know what these engines could handle for boost? Like not max but a decent number?

Senior Tuner
    Supply me with your stock tune. I'll see what I can do.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Supply me with your stock tune. I'll see what I can do.
    i seem to have a good tune going for it now. i would like to learn how to dial in the fueling tho for when i go to do other changes. like what histogram to build in the scanner and where to make changes in fueling in vcm editor.