Thread: Sorting out a tune from previous owner

Potential Tuner

Sorting out a tune from previous owner

Recently purchased an 03 Silverado SS 6.0 with a BTR stage 4 cam, 4k stall converter, built trans and 4.10 gears. The engine has milled and ported 317 heads, Hi Ram intake, and Nick Williams 103 TB, and long tube headers. The Engine starts right up but seems to hunt idle or stall when cold. Once it warms up, its a little better but still randomly stalls on decel. The AFR on the wideband doesnt really change from 14.7 at idle, cruise or light throttle. I only see it go fatter under heavy accel when its in PE. Im new to tuning and trying my best to get the hang of it but could use some pointers to help me in a general direction to start off. Im really just trying to make sure that im not missing anything that previous owner changed that he shouldnt have before I try to get in to it and try my hand at tuning. Ive uploaded a an idle log from tonight. I appreciate any feedback.

09292022 Idle tune.hpl

Potential Tuner
    09292022 Tune.hpt

I also kept getting a "Reduced Engine Power" message under WOT even when the truck wasnt running. So I adjusted the Max Rotation vs Pedal table in the 90 and 100 cells down to 97% and it has seemed to have eliminated the code issue. Here is the current tune file.