Thread: rich on decel

Tuner in Training

rich on decel

My air fuel ratio goes really rich on decel right before fuel cutoff or at return to idle. Short log file, tune, and configuration file to see the A/F gauge. Looking for help or ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BLeeBull; 09-30-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Your Map sensor characterization is incorrect for a 2004 Escalade. Should help.
    MAF values should not be Zeroed out.

List the mods that have been made.
    Try logging these channels, you have very limited data to use.
    What WB are you using? Are you confident in the User maths parameter used AC conversion?
    I recommend using the lambda EQ error, not AFR error.

Tuner in Training
    It is a mostly stock LQ9 running SD
    mild bowl and short side work and surfacing of heads
    10.75:1
    small cam comp ground me 222/226 113 +5 installed @108 ICL
    TBSS intake
    58 lb flex injectors
    1 3/4 long tubes

I am running an AEM wideband with output wired to AC pressure sensor. AEM provided the math. The AEM gauge itself and what I see on the scanner are at least the same. Bosch 4.9
    here is two reasonable length files. one is off throttle before going into DFCO and the 2nd one is rolling to a stop then idle showing how it is still fat after coming to a stop. Sometimes it stays that way for 30 seconds after coming to a stop and slowly creeps up from around 12.8 to a more normal 14.7 range. I don't exactly know what I'm doing. That is why I am looking for help. I do not recall where the sensor I use as a map came from. It is scaled and set up properly for what it is. It seems to be a 1.25 bar sensor. I checked scanner data against the real world by hooking a hose and T fitting from my electronic and my analog flow bench to the map and verifying everything. Verified scan data against the inclined manometer. I also checked my barometric pressure reading against my weather station on my dyno. I am an electronics guy and an engine builder, that sounds funny coming from someone that can't tune a stupid truck.
    Last edited by BLeeBull; 10-02-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Without the right channels logged, I am no help.
    You need dynamic airflow and Cylinder airmass for spark axis reference and many others.
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 10-02-2022 at 01:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    Without the right channels logged, I am no help.
    You need dynamic airflow and Cylinder airmass for spark axis reference and many others.
    I don't even know exactly what I should log so that someone can help.

Advanced Tuner
    I added a channel list to my previous post.
    The one that I asked about what mods had been done... You have to close any open log, then the channel config folder icon is available. Open config and go to wherever you saved that channel list.
    Cheers.

Senior Tuner
    I can't see your AFR since you have it coming through the A/C pressure sensor.

But it's normal for the fueling to spike rich especially initially in decel. If it's still rich as it returns to an idle that is a problem. When you enter decel you are shutting off air while fuel has already been injected.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I can't see your AFR since you have it coming through the A/C pressure sensor.

But it's normal for the fueling to spike rich especially initially in decel. If it's still rich as it returns to an idle that is a problem. When you enter decel you are shutting off air while fuel has already been injected.
    can you see it with this?