Thread: Camshaft Adaptation Value???!!!

Potential Tuner

Camshaft Adaptation Value???!!!

Hello,
    Is it possible to access the Camshaft Adaptation Value with HPT??!!! I would like to record/monitor the chain stretch value. This is possible with VCDS and OBDeleven. I believe it is block 93. Is it possible to access this channel with the HPT scanner. I cannot locate the channel. Can this value be calculated from existing data? Any help/info on this would be much appreciated. I thought this would be the last scanning/reading/tuning device I would need!

It depends what engine you have, I believe for the 2.0T it is possible but on the 3.2/3.0T it is not measurable even with VCDS. If it does happen to be a 3.0T/3.2 the spec is on cold start a rattle from 1-3 sec is fine, but any longer and tensioners and or the chain need to be replaced.
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Potential Tuner
    Thanks! I have a 2.0t. It is definitely measurable for my car since I can see it using ObDelevn. I?m hoping there is a way to access the reading using my MPVI2+ and the VCM scanner software.

I would think it could then, I'd recommend opening up VCM Scanner and going through the PID list to see if there is anything related to to it. I loved OBDEleven until mine totally quit responding to any cars 2 months into ownership. Hopefully you dont need any tensioners or chains!!
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Potential Tuner
    Lol? I?ve had all the replacement parts for over year. Really trying to hold off on the job until I build the bottom end. I would like to read the measurement so I can check regularly.
    I?ve checked all the PID?s and I do not see it. There are a couple of camshaft angles but they are not the one I am looking for. It?s the bank 1 adaptation angle or something like that. Perhaps I need to make a request to have it added? I can?t be the only one interested in this pid! Lol