Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/3 bar map support?

Tuner in Training

2/3 bar map support?

there is a rumor running around jbody.org that the software will not support 2/3 bar map sensors, is this true?

Not all OS's have support for 2/3 bar yet....
    but there has been 2/3 bar support for a long time now...

I dont know if there will be 2/3 bar on the J-bodies
    sales at hptuners dot com for a more direct answer
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    This is the PM from Keith:

fyi, saw your post on the 4cyl forum.

we only support the vcm enhancements on the gen3 v8 vehicles at this time, not our entire lineup.
    So, maybe I can get an answer here...

If I provide HPT with a 2 bar OS, for a vehicle year that they DO support, can they put it in, or can I read from the VCM and edit the tables as per a 2 bar tune? GM has a 2 bar OS for the 2.4L from 2000 to 2002, and if I get a cable I can provide HPT with a copy of the 2 bar OS. I really need the 2 bar support, as do 90% of the customer base for this product. We really don't have much to squeeze out on the 4 cylinders with an NA tune...
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Advanced Tuner
    Email...
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Potential Tuner
    yes 2bar support needed for the n-body 2.4 as well

Tuner
    I've been lurking and reading about GM I4 support for awhile, here and on j-body. I've been looking for an answer for my tuning setbacks, and goal setbacks for awhile now.

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am w/ the 2.4L Twin Cam. I had a dealership do the GMPP Supercharger Reflash which allowed 2bar support, and then proceeded to turbocharge the car. Obviously it does the job, but it doesn't like big injectors so I needed an Apex S-AFC to help that out *which now throws a MAP sensor code*, nor am I getting the amount of boost I want 14.7lbs is definitely not where I intend to stop, nor am I able to trap past 105mph due to the governor programmed in.

If I order the software and all the dodads that go with it, is it possible to have my calibration uploaded and sent to HP so that it can be fenangled with?
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

from what I have read they will support the s/c reflash, but not sure when. I, like many others are waiting for this to happen, without that support I will stay with the VSS kill switch and a FRP (begi).
    But we have been told it is coming out, just no date yet,

Quote Originally Posted by spyhunter
    I've been lurking and reading about GM I4 support for awhile, here and on j-body. I've been looking for an answer for my tuning setbacks, and goal setbacks for awhile now.

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am w/ the 2.4L Twin Cam. I had a dealership do the GMPP Supercharger Reflash which allowed 2bar support, and then proceeded to turbocharge the car. Obviously it does the job, but it doesn't like big injectors so I needed an Apex S-AFC to help that out *which now throws a MAP sensor code*, nor am I getting the amount of boost I want 14.7lbs is definitely not where I intend to stop, nor am I able to trap past 105mph due to the governor programmed in.

If I order the software and all the dodads that go with it, is it possible to have my calibration uploaded and sent to HP so that it can be fenangled with?
    yeah all we need are these calibrations and we can add support for them. I'm intersted to know if GM actually uses MAP for WOT fueling or sticks with TPS (which is how most of the stock NA cals are done i've seen).

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    yeah all we need are these calibrations and we can add support for them. I'm intersted to know if GM actually uses MAP for WOT fueling or sticks with TPS (which is how most of the stock NA cals are done i've seen).

Chris...

guess it is time for me to purchase and start going to work than.

Tuner in Training
    I have a GM 2.4 S/C reflashed PCM sitting in my garage, as soon as I recieve my cable/software I can get you what ever you need (or when ever Shifted makes it down to scan it)

I am also working on getting the GM EcoTec 2.2 S/C reflash calibrations.

Tuner
    I just ordered, so I guess we'll see who's faster..
    But I do have the n-body version.. whatever difference that may be.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

Chris...
    I emailed you guys late yesterday, hope to hear something today

Tuner in Training
    Is there an expected release date for the ecotecs that have the gm reflash?

any progress?

just curious if there has been progress?
    cause i sent all the cal id's by email to chris alog w/ vins that have teh flash and the actual vcis..........

just curious

i'm working on it, there's no problem supporting these cals. I will have the first one done today.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Sweet! Let me know, if you have a .hpt file, I'd love to take a look at it

Tuner
    hehe they just got my .hpt file from my reflashed grand am woot.

Tuner in Training
    yeah........thats awesome.......maybe the cal will be available by the 1st when mine ships out

Tuner
    heh, I need to do some data logging on my current setup with the car hitting boost.. looks like we'll have something for the gm s/c reflashed guys soon enough..

ok guys, i have added support for 3 of the GM s/c calibrations that i know of.

I looked at the code mods (or lack of them) that GM made for this and basically all they have done is rescaled the MAP sensor scalars for the 2bar sensor. This makes all the MAP referenced tables/parameters effectively doubled which i have incorporated into our editor. Given the structure and primitive nature of the code there really isn't much else they could have done unfortunately.

Bottom line is we are good to go on the GM s/c cals, but there may be a day or so delay in adding support for any new ones i receive

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Chris, now that you've seen what it takes for the 2 bar, what is the possibility of adding 3 bar to existing 2 bar applications, or even adding 2 bar to those that didn't have it, like the 2200/LN2 and Pre-2000 2.4?