Thread: Need help with fuel cuts on gen 3 FRPP and roush blower

Potential Tuner

Need help with fuel cuts on gen 3 FRPP and roush blower

Guys,

I'm really struggling with a gen 3 coyote with a Ford Racing Power Pack car and a Roush blower. To start this is a brand new crate engine and blower assembly. 6r80 Trans is on a standalone controller. The MAF is fitted to a custom 4.5in tube about 22in off the TB. I grabbed a modified Roush tune I found here on the forums and flashed it in, made a few corrections, but cannot get past fuel cuts any time you breath on the throttle. The truck will run, go into CL during idle, but the minute you touch the throttle it goes into injector cut. I've tried a number of things like increasing the MAF table by 30% and tried dialing it back when it goes into CL, but it's never stable enough for accurate MAF histograms. I also believe TQ management is still messing with things although I disabled a lot of it (I think). Any pointers is highly appreciated. Tune and log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't the Roush on the gen 3 Coyote use MAP/SD instead of MAF? I haven't looked at your file to compare yet, but that is the first thing that comes to mind if you are using the Roush OS.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohn50 View Post
    Doesn't the Roush on the gen 3 Coyote use MAP/SD instead of MAF? I haven't looked at your file to compare yet, but that is the first thing that comes to mind if you are using the Roush OS.
    Yes, you are correct as I have recently discovered. The Roush OS uses the IMRC connectors and a jumper harness to read a MAP sensor on the lower intake manifold and a SIP (supercharger inlet pressure) on the inlet of the blower. I believe this is why I'm having so many problems. The OS on the FRPP control pack is still trying to reference the MAF sensor and doesn't know what to do with the MAP and SIP signals. Since the FRPP is void of a VIN# I am unable to flash the PCM with the correct Roush OS, it simply doesn't connect with their software. So I think my solutions are, figure out how to tune around the hardware issue (have no clue what else to try) or acquire Ford level software to program a real VIN# in the PCM that will allow me to flash the Roush OS. (I hope)
    IT sucks there is so much compatibility issues out of the box with the FRPP control packs and adding FI at the situation. Is what it is now. I appreciate any input or ideas on how I might get around these issues.

Potential Tuner
    Okay guys have not made any progress with this thing yet. The minute you breath on the throttle it kicks itself out of CL, fuel source say TQ req lean, and then goes to full injector cut if you lean into the throttle any harder. I am still on the FRPP strategy as I am not able to flash the full Roush OS and not have a PATS issue. Any input, any at all is highly appreciated.

Well we can work on your stock tune and get it done working on MAF or you can send the PCM in for pats removal. Hit me up if you need help tho I don't work for free.

Not a first time Roush OS won't go in.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Well we can work on your stock tune and get it done working on MAF or you can send the PCM in for pats removal. Hit me up if you need help tho I don't work for free.

Not a first time Roush OS won't go in.
    PM'd