Thread: 06 GTO ls2 7875 turbo going into limp mode

Tuner in Training

06 GTO ls2 7875 turbo going into limp mode

working on a 06 gto that I have switched to SD with a 2 bar map OS. factory ls2 engine, summit pro ls stage 2 turbo cam, 80lb HP injectors, 7875 turbo, T56. I can drive the car all I want to as long as I do not go wot. I have to be missing something but not sure what. Only codes showing up are for MAF and A/C. I have attached the tune and the last log of me driving and it went into limp mode.
    Attached Files Attached Files

From your previous thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    You may be happy, right now, that you were able to make it run, but it still needs the correct MAP linear/offset & injector data. Do not put any time into 'tuning' anything yet until those are done right.
    And none of those issues have been corrected.

Injector data is more than just the flow rate.

If the injectors did not come with data in GM format, and they aren't something that has that data readily available, throw them in the trash and start over.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the help
    i got the injector data from hp injectors and entered it. i thought i had the map correct?

What part number MAP sensor uses Linear=200.00/Offset=10.00? (note: this is a trick question)

Your fuel system is still stock-style - 58psi non-referenced/returnless?

Tuner in Training
    Running a 525lph pump with a return style with boost reference regulator. It has a 2 bar map sensor my son in law (his GTO) got off ebay or amazon. I did change the offset to 12.3 to make the map sensor read 101.3 while just sitting not running. drove the car again and its still doing the same going into limp mode. not throwing any codes except for maf, a/c, and fuel gauge. It seems to be doing it 36-3800 rpms

Referenced fuel system needs completely different injector data format than returnless/non-referenced.

You need a real MAP sensor, not a Chinese copy of a MAP sensor. Something with a known GM part number that has known specs. MAP linear/offset are not tuning items that you adjust until it seems to run OK.

Tuner in Training
    ok I have a gm 3 bar map from jegs #555-14538 I can put in it. not sure about the injector data as i didnt have any of these issues with my gen 3 ecu in my camaro.

E40 can't use a 3bar sensor. The Linear has a hard limit of 256kPa. Also can't use sensors with a negative Offset.

The Gen3 in your Camaro was not an E40. The ECM/PCM type does not change the fact that referenced and non-referenced regulators need the injector data changed to suit.

Tuner in Training
    Referenced fuel system needs completely different injector data format than returnless/non-referenced.

You need a real MAP sensor, not a Chinese copy of a MAP sensor. Something with a known GM part number that has known specs. MAP linear/offset are not tuning items that you adjust until it seems to run OK.
    injector data is updated and put a dpe corvette 2.5 bar map sensor with the right scaling and the car is still going into safety mode.

Injectors not scaled correctly (ECM 12560 should be halved). Injector flow rate still configured as if it was a returnless/non-referenced system. Offset vs Volts vs Vac still configured as if it was a returnless/non-referenced system.

Oh, and by no means am I trying to say that these things are the cause of whatever REP issue you have. These are basics that have to be done so might as well get them done now.

All the things squirrel said
    And go to Engine Diagnostics--Airflow--P0068 and change to 8000
    Go to Engine--Airflow--General--your Primary and Boost VE tables are flat--not tuned. The 105 column in both should be the same for a smooth transition.
    In Engine--Airflow--Dynamic Airflow--Disable should be 8000, Reenable 7900
    Fuel--If doing double stoich, IVT Terms--AFR term should be 3.96
    Under Power Enrichment--MIN Map use 85. Throttle (why 15%?) Make delay 0. PE Eq ratio--make 1.27 after 2000 rpm.
    I don't see a wideband in channels?--- External?
    When you do double stoich for the larger injectors, you need to do Lambda only. (Eq Error) AFR error does not work.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 11-05-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=Lakegoat;705860]All the things squirrel said
    And go to Engine Diagnostics--Airflow--P0068 and change to 8000
    Go to Engine--Airflow--General--your Primary and Boost VE tables are flat--not tuned. The 105 column in both should be the same for a smooth transition.
    In Engine--Airflow--Dynamic Airflow--Disable should be 8000, Reenable 7900
    Fuel--If doing double stoich, IVT Terms--AFR term should be 3.96
    Under Power Enrichment--MIN Map use 85. Throttle (why 15%?) Make delay 0. PE Eq ratio--make 1.27 after 2000 rpm.
    I don't see a wideband in channels?--- External?
    When you do double stoich for the larger injectors, you need to do Lambda only. (Eq Error) AFR error does not work.[/QUOTE

Thanks guys for the help. I will try all of this out i plan on getting the car professionally tuned but i just want a basic tune for now too drive around until i get it to the tune shop.

Tuner in Training
    Injectors not scaled correctly (ECM 12560 should be halved). Injector flow rate still configured as if it was a returnless/non-referenced system. Offset vs Volts vs Vac still configured as if it was a returnless/non-referenced system.
    I really appreciate all your help. What do i need too put in to correct this problem

Here's an E40 with a returnless system:
    E40 returnless.hpt

And an E40 with the same injectors, but a referenced regulator:
    E40 referenced.hpt

These are just stock files with only the IFR & Offset tables updated. Compare them and see if you can spot the pattern in those 2 tables that make them different.

There is a big difference between just wanting a tune to drive around on and going WOT with a untuned turbo car like in your first post = Boom!
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    There is a big difference between just wanting a tune to drive around on and going WOT with a untuned turbo car like in your first post = Boom!
    I think he is very lucky that it is going into limp mode