Thread: Shift Scheduling

Potential Tuner

Shift Scheduling

Just getting into this tuning business

07 Sierra 5.3 4L60E 4WD

While adjusting my shift scheduling for fuel economy, i noticed that there are options such as Normal, D1, and D2 in the shift scheduling tab
    I assume normal is for D(rive), but im unsure what D1 and D2 are for

My truck comes with a Tow/Haul button on the end of my shift lever, so is it a possibility that D1/D2 controls how the truck shifts when in Tow/Haul?
    I attached a PNG to show what im talking about

As well, what do the Pattern A and Pattern B influence under WOT?

Any help, advice or comments is much appreciated

D1vsD2vsNormal.PNG

Senior Tuner
    Normal, D1, D2 are selected depending on where you put the gear selector. Look at the tables and you'll see what I mean.

Pattern A and B are described under the Shift General tab. Trucks usually have A - Normal and B - Trailer.

Tuner
    Normal is the 'normal'....
    pattern A will be your "tow/haul" mode... The D1 and D2 are you "low" gear selections.. I don't mess with those at all
    I'm not sure what you'll be able to do to increase MPG from factory settings.. They are pretty whimpy in my opinion and
    tend to upshift way too soon and converter lock way too soon/ too much...

Log your Trans Shift Mode PID and it will show you what table you are in depending in where you put your shifter. You don't have to be driving, you can shift through the gears and it will log it.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfoggy View Post
    Normal is the 'normal'....
    pattern A will be your "tow/haul" mode... The D1 and D2 are you "low" gear selections.. I don't mess with those at all
    I'm not sure what you'll be able to do to increase MPG from factory settings.. They are pretty whimpy in my opinion and
    tend to upshift way too soon and converter lock way too soon/ too much...
    Thanks for the info!

as for fuek econ
    currently altering stoich afr from the sweet 14.7 to about 16ish. leaning out the fuel a bit. kinda going off a yt vid i watched.
    also changing o2 B1 and B2 Mv currents from 450 to 325 to ask the ecu to lean out sooner

Tuner
    I have watched that vid too... I think most tuners think it's kinda BS... So be really careful...
    Read some of the comments on that video.