Thread: MPIv3 - Complete Noob

Potential Tuner

MPIv3 - Complete Noob

Hello,

I recently bought a MPIv3 to do some tweaks on my Chevy Colorado. I discovered the TDN app and synced it up with my V3, made sure everything was updated like firmware etc. I went over to Flash and let it read my vehicle and also did a quick data log just to see how it looked. Once it was done reading my ECM, it left behind a CEL about ECM performance degradation. I cleared the codes and the truck runs fine since, but I just thought that was odd.

I was super excited since I thought I would be able to see my tune somewhere in my account, make my changes, then flash them back using the app. All of my research says I have to link with a verified tuner to have this done? Otherwise I'll just have to connect directly to the truck with a laptop to make my changes? What a bummer, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    TDN and VCM Editor are not compatible with one another. You need to have a compatible laptop in order to flash & scan your vehicle for best results.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, I just wanted to be sure! Do you have any idea why it may have left behind a CEL when I read the vehicle also?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    during the read process basically we tell everything on the bus to "shut up" sometimes some modules do not play particularly nice during this process.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"