Thread: 2016 Z06 Magnuson 2650 - Well known shop cant get tune right!!!

Potential Tuner

2016 Z06 Magnuson 2650 - Well known shop cant get tune right!!!

I am not going to mention the name of the shop but they have been around a long time! The car is a 2016 Z06 mostly built by me with their recommendations.

Magnuson TSV2650
    Stage 3 Cam kit - Recommended by the shop for this blower (233/247 632 635 116 LSA )
    15% OD Pulley
    Cordes intake
    Methanol
    E85 30%
    1 7/8" headers (only ones available during covid)
    Throttle Body
    LS Fuel Pump

The first 2 tunes the car will not launch, it use to just fall on its face, hiccup and then start going. So now they have just increased the idle rpm's to 950 and tell me that I hold it about1200 rpms to launch the car. The car shift at certain gears we it want to. Well it doesn't bog down but the 60' is terrible!
    Best 60' is a low 1.8, best ET 10.2 not shifting correctly. I have had the car there 3 times for the tune. Now they are telling me that the cam (they recommended/their specs) is not going to work with this blower! Weird thing is the owner told me they build these 2650's all the time and the tuners tells me its the first one he has done after he as attempted to tune it!
    Its been dropped off 3 times and he has sent me several tunes by email. Also after he tuned it this last time I had too purchase more credits, confused on that as well?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Gary.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    MAF table looks weird, cant comment on the fueling as i see no wideband data on them, virtual volumetric efficiency, virtual torque and transmission tunes are stock.

Sent you a DM
    Last edited by mJolnir; 10-01-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    they have long term trims off and power enrichment is set to be at all times, that could be an issue with it running poorly.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    done several of them, need support contact below
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Wow that is a straight up mess of a tune!
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Senior Tuner
    It looks like it is spinning hard on launch. I don't see a reason for a bog. To me it looks like it lights up the tire.

The tune is a bit wild.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs