Thread: Throttle Closing Issue

Tuner

Throttle Closing Issue

Hey everybody. I am still yet to find the solution to the problem that I have been having. I have another forum on here that i posted this same issue.

Every time a try to burnout in my 2019 Camaro SS with BTR stage 3 s/c cam, d1x procharger making roughly 10 lbs, 3600 circle D stall, it jumps up in rpm like its about to go then it gets pulled back down via throttle closing. I have pulled fuses, pressed tc button, held down tc button, tried it in tour, sport, and track mode.

as found 10-7.hpttrying to burnout 4.hpl

I have messed around with virtual torque, which did help a little bit as far as seeing more rpm and building about a pound and a half of boost, which is something that the car hasn't done before, but still no burnout, it just raised the limit in which the throttle closes itself. So i raised the numbers slightly and then the issue got worse so i put it back to what it was when it made a little boost. Torque Management Advance seems to jump down to zero until it starts closing the throttle, then it seems to make its way back up.
    i have messed with the torque management settings as well, still no success.

Some good time stamps in the log are at about 8:33 and 8:34

Do you have both the PCM and TCM unlocked? I can't view the log right now, but based on what you are saying especially given the stall converter it almost sounds like the issue may be on the TCM side, not the PCM. I would definitely take what I say with a grain of salt until someone more tune savvy with these gen V PCM's chimes in, but if none of that is a thing then it may be a mechanical TB issue or you need to perform a throttle relearn procedure. Actually I may be more inclined to say to try that first if you haven't done that already.

Tuner
    Yes, both are unlocked. Waiting on my old tuner to give the trans tune since mine in unreadable due to it being after 2017. I haven't tried a throttle relearn as i am concerned that it would mess with my throttle settings that i have for better throttle response and i wouldn't want to have to go back in and redo the settings. But at this point i might just have to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRichardson View Post
    Yes, both are unlocked. Waiting on my old tuner to give the trans tune since mine in unreadable due to it being after 2017. I haven't tried a throttle relearn as i am concerned that it would mess with my throttle settings that i have for better throttle response and i wouldn't want to have to go back in and redo the settings. But at this point i might just have to try it out
    I can link you up with a dude who knows his stuff and can probably take care of your issue. Email me, [email protected]

By the way, a throttle relearn will not skew or mess with the new values you have put into place.