Thread: Buick 3800

Potential Tuner

Buick 3800

i am really new to tuning and but i have a 1998 buick riviera supercharged and it is not running good at all i got all the codes off and its running like it has a vac leak n i can not find one anywhere soo now people are telling me i need to get it tune i just ordered the hp tuner soi am wondering is there anyone that tunes the buick 3800 with the supercharger and the n/a 3800 i have a 1999 regal i would like to make them preform better so if anyone can help me step in the right direction i would really appreciate

wen the tuner comes in i will post the data as soon as i can get it

one love

I am no expert myself but i have been at it for a couple years on my own supercharged setup. First thing i would suggest is dont even touch the tune if the car was running fine before then one day it doesnt. If that is the case you need to repair the mechanical side of the problem first then scan/log look over the data and go from their. Trying to tune out a mechanical defect will only have you chasing you tail. Search the forums for the l67 their is a wealth of info for these engines
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

Potential Tuner
    it came with problems i had to change out alot of sensors n now its like its just not getting enough gas n it has like a spark knock

Potential Tuner
    this is the first scan and drive of my 1998 riviera
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    i dont kno what im looking at so any knowledge will help and thank u for ur time

one love

Ok seeing that new you need some guidance i will help the best i can to my abilities. Your scan log needs some work i/e on the left side of the vcm scanner is your channel log. You need to add channels to this area so you can data log ( example 02 voltage, injector duty cycle, tps ) so on and so on.

The best thing for you to do now is to find any info about a beginner user for hp tuners. This forum has some good info also check out goat rope garage on youtube alot of good info there. You scan log is not worth much right now not enough info to look into
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

Potential Tuner
    ok thank u for ur time i will check it out

Potential Tuner