Thread: Logging issues

Tuner in Training

Logging issues

Ive been trying to do some logging on my 2012 f250 6.2 and I am having a heck of a time getting it to log anything past the first row. If tried multiple different tables and make sure I have the proper PIDs in in my log and tried updating the software etc. also my MAF voltage and period will not show any data whatsoever. Any help would be much appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    You have to be logging the pids in order to populate the table and graph correctly.
    Adjust maf vs period not maf vs volt.
    Your histograms should be an exact copy of the table in the editor or the data will be incorrect or populate incorrect.

Tuner in Training
    yes I am logging the pids and I set up the histogram exactly like the table in the editor, Ive been trying period because i know thats the best way to go but in my channels column there isnt even a period reading so thats why its not populating the graph. It seems to be using hertz to read MAF I tried logging frequency and making a histogram with it and then it works and populates the graph. in this picture you can see i am getting a hertz and MAF reading but no period.
    Screenshot (12).png

Tuner
    I'm having this exact same issue! Do you know if it has been resolved and how?

Tuner in Training
    No I havn't. I tried logging MAF frequency as well as period and I do get a frequency signal but no period. I then made a STFT+LTFT vs frequency graph to calibrate my MAF and it is logging perfect accept in my editor my MAF calibration table is defined as "MAF airflow vs Period" so I cant use the data to copy into the editor. So it seems to me that my engine uses frequency not period and they need to update the editor to reflect that. I have tried getting ahold of tech support but havnt got a response.

Senior Tuner
    Heres a math to turn Frequency in Hz to Period in microseconds.

MAF Frequency to Period.MathParameter.xml

Tuner
    I resolved my issue. The car had to be unmarried from the SCT tuner that was on it from the previous owner and all went smoothly after.

Tuner in Training
    that makes sense Ethan. Thanks Murfie!