Thread: 2017 Silverado vats delete no crank

Tuner in Training

2017 Silverado vats delete no crank

Good afternoon guys I was wondering if what I am trying should work. I have a 2016 Silverado that is a v6 truck that I was going to do a v8 swap using a 2017. I was trying to use the a 2017 ecm with a vats delete tune but the vehicle will not crank. By the pinouts I am looking at they seem to be the same between 2016 and 2017. With vats deleted would the body control module still let it crank or would it be still looking for something else? I disabled the vats and the starter diagnostics and one immobilizer code. Is there anything else I should be looking for? Thanks for any help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    alot of stuff going on there, 2016 v6 ecm using a 2017 v8, that in itself is likely the issue, not necessarily vats.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I will see if I can make it a little clearer. I am wanting to do a v8 conversion a 2016 silverado with a 4.3. I have a 2017 silverado parts truck to use the engine and transmission plus ecm and ecm harness. I did a vats delete tune in the 2017 ecm but starter will not engage by the key. My question is should the ecm still control the cranking with the vats deleted or do you have to make a whole new starting circuit.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    typically if you had a vats issue the car would run for a second and then shut down. Your information, to me, would not suggest a vats issue.

Tuner in Training
    Figured it out. Had to have P0633 and p0513 dtc turned off for it to work. They are both immobilizer codes.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    cool, glad you were able to figure it out. Next time maybe post your .hpt files so that others can help. Very difficult just guessing at an issue.