Thread: 3.5" intake LCV engine

3.5" intake LCV engine

I install 3.5" MAF Housing and i tuned the car at idle and part throttle , I got better throttle respond and it working with no issue
    But it does not change anything at wot?
    the only change i can see that i got lower MAF frequency at wot, and this is normal because of the intake size.
    Wideband reading the same as target Lambda.
    and It suppose to read more air at wot so i can add more fuel to get the benefit from installing Bigger intake size.
    What i realize is the MAF does not control the wot. even after lowering dynamic high RPM 150 to get full control from MAF table.
    inlet 3.5" ( Maf housing only ) after that connected to 3" intake.

E39A ECU , ATS 2.5

What would be the issue?

Thank you in advance.

Senior Tuner
    If meeting target Lambda, it doesn't sound like it's a using more air. Or is your fuel trim just adjusting enough to compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    If meeting target Lambda, it doesn't sound like it's a using more air. Or is your fuel trim just adjusting enough to compensate?
    I got more air at idle and part throttle but yes at wot it act normal like there is no change in MAF Housing.
    That's why im asking here. it's strange thing for me. Never had issue like that. and it's my first time to tune car with this ECU.

No, I disable LTFT at wot to get better fueling control.

Senior Tuner
    It doesn't sound like the previous intake was a restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    It doesn't sound like the previous intake was a restriction.
    Yes it's not restriction.