Thread: Turbo 5.3L Broken Piston Is my tune ok?

Tuner in Training

Turbo 5.3L Broken Piston Is my tune ok?

I have a turbocharged 5.3L that broke on the dyno. Cylinder 7 lost compression completely and cylinder 5 is only 66% relative to the others. I didn't tune it, I took it to a shop. But since it broke, I decided to tune it myself. I have replaced the engine and haven't run it yet. This is the tune that was done by the shop and I wanted see if someone would look at it to see if anything could cause a lean condition before I start up the engine. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Yikes, Main spark at 24 plus 5 in the AFR PE table but to be fair minus the IAT table.

Yeah I think the tune was the cause.. I can't think of any turbo setup that should have that much timing in it unless it was only making like 2 psi of boost.

The PE talbes are crazy too.. Out of boost enrichment (so no boost) it's commanding EQ ratios that look deep in the 9's but in boost enrichment way too lean 12.25:1
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much for taking a look. It had a 7 lb spring in the gate and never went over 6.98lbs on the dyno when it broke.

Advanced Tuner
    Knock the high rpm/boosted area of the timing down to around 10 degrees until you get your fuel perfect, and then still on an SBE deal you won't wanna be much higher than 14-15 degrees in boost imo

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the advice. I?ll take all I can get, I just got the broken motor pulled out and about to get the new one in and don?t want a bad tune to break this one too.