Hi folks. I've been a gear head since my first engine build when I was 13 years old. That was a Pontiac 318 that I salvaged from a 56 Pontiac Wagon. I'm 69 years old now and recently tracked down a bare knuckle white Dodge Challenger R/T (345 Hemi) with 25,600 miles and good looking service records. I found it but had a dealer in Reno, Nevada buy it for me because I wanted it fully serviced and checked out before I took ownership. I also didn't want the hassle of bringing a vehicle from California into Nevada. I did that once before and it was a royal pain in the arse.

After watching a ton of YouTube videos about the car I came away thinking, "What are these people thinking". Throwing parts at a ECU/TCU car is about the craziest thing I've ever seen. My favorite is the cold air kits to get colder air and more airflow. Apparently, math is not their strong suit. After all, some simple VE math tells you the 345 can't suck in more than about 650 CFM of air at WOT. These R/T's already get their air from beneath the car at a forced air location so no gain their either. Heck, you can't even change tires without telling the ECU you did so, (You can but you shouldn't).

So, here I am. New tuner will arrive this afternoon and I'll finally get a look at this cars engine and transmission and make some truly informed decisions about where I'll be spending my hard earned money. Of course, I'll need to educate myself first so that will give me time to put some cash away for those things that will actually make a difference.

You all probably already know this. The quickest path to colder air is a Thermostat change but don't do it unless you have a tuner. The engine will never reach the ECU's optimal operating temp and the timing and AFR won't be optimal.

My pet peeve is people calling engines motors. Motors run on electricity. Engines run on fuel and people with too many tools. LOL..

Have a wonderful day

Steve