Thread: 2019 Patrol Y62 TIMING TABLES

Tuner

2019 Patrol Y62 TIMING TABLES

Hi all, I am going to tune 2019 Nissan Patrol Y62 with Harrop supercharger around 6psi as the customer stated and other supporting mods. My concern is the timing tables. The Last time I tuned bolts-on patrol, timing tables were all close to zero and changing them would not change anything. Is there a way to change the spark timing in these tables? I need to retard the timing for the added boost. I will not tune it until I figure out how the timing tables work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by yaqoubalmounes; 10-05-2022 at 10:06 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by yaqoubalmounes View Post
    Hi all, I am going to tune 2019 Nissan Patrol Y62 with Harrop supercharger around 6psi as the customer stated and other supporting mods. My concern is the timing tables. The Last time I tuned bolts-on patrol, timing tables were all close to zero and changing them would not change anything. Is there a way to change the spark timing in these tables? I need to retard the timing for the added boost. I will not tune it until I figure out how the timing tables work. Any help would be appreciated.
    All you can do with the newer Nissan ECUs is flatten the timing map and let the ECU learn the timing via its adaptive knock sensor setup. I pulled timing out of my M56S and within 2 pulls it had added it right back.

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. So do the timing tables look regular like any other, or they are weird number close to 0?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    All you can do with the newer Nissan ECUs is flatten the timing map and let the ECU learn the timing via its adaptive knock sensor setup. I pulled timing out of my M56S and within 2 pulls it had added it right back.
    What all have you done to your M56? I am rebuilding my block for low boost via a centrifugal SC. I've only seen one guy with forced induction via a TT setup in North America, but info on his build is somewhat limited.