Thread: 2022 3.0l Duramax

Potential Tuner

2022 3.0l Duramax

Hello All, Anyone have a chance to drive or test a GM 3.0l Inline 6 Diesel Engine Yet... I am Thinking of Buying on For My Personal Vehicle, I Have Been a Die Hard 6.6l Diesel Guy... The Mileage looks Good, A Friend Has a 2021 And Is getting 28-29 mpg average on I-75 at 75 MPH.... Any information from owners is appreciated... Thanks Hoggy1

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy1 View Post
    Hello All, Anyone have a chance to drive or test a GM 3.0l Inline 6 Diesel Engine Yet... I am Thinking of Buying on For My Personal Vehicle, I Have Been a Die Hard 6.6l Diesel Guy... The Mileage looks Good, A Friend Has a 2021 And Is getting 28-29 mpg average on I-75 at 75 MPH.... Any information from owners is appreciated... Thanks Hoggy1
    I would go for it. We are in Canada and have had a 2020 3.0 for about 70k kms. It has been phenomenal. It pulls our 14 000 lb air stream from a stop like a monster and will blow the tires off if you floor it. It has a lot of low end torque for a 3.0L and great throttle response. It drives similar to my 05' 5.3 rather than my grandfathers 03' 6.6 Duramax. I am not afraid of pulling out in traffic like I was when I tried out a Ram ecodiesel. Ours has a 3.42 rear end and is the high country Silverado. It will easily get 30+ mpg on the highway and we saw 16-17 mpg pulling the Air Stream at 75mph. No issues yet other than a glow plug and a little bit of somewhat higher oil consumption. Overall we are impressed with the truck and hope it continues to be a reliable and fuel efficient towing machine.

If you have any questions, let me know

John