Thread: MPVI3 "wont write" now wont read

Tuner in Training

Lightbulb MPVI3 "wont write" now wont read

I just got the MPVi3, i adjusted the tule file, went too write calibration and it stopped at 1% and failed cant start the car now, cant read it with the scanner nor the VCM suite. I think the car battery voltage was too low when i went too write calibration, I'm new to tuning, trying too learn how to tune. The tune started wrting and failed after erasing and writing 1% and gets stuck everytime now. Car is a brick for now. I waited overnight and put the car on the battery charger came back tried it again and kept getting interface protool failed. Im stumped on what ive done wrong. It was a ZZP Can Tune, not sure if they use MPVI2 or 3.

2005 Cobalt 2.0 ss/sc
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-05-2022 at 06:21 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I do have a ticket in and 67595

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    I'm not sure if this would effect it, but I didnt do the quiz until last night too unlock the rest of the parameters, maybe that was stopping me from writing?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    shouldn't have anything to do with it, looks like its in one of our support techs work in queue currently.

Tuner in Training
    yeah i emailed him all the files, I also was wondering if the Viper aftermarket secriuty system is messing with it!?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've personally never heard of an aftermarket security system causing issues. Not saying it couldn't potentially cause an issue but I've never come across one causing an issue.

Tuner in Training
    well, that's good info, Just trying too think what i could have done wrong for this too happen.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    once we get your debug.dat file we should know more. Looks like James asked for this but you haven't provided it as of yet. The debug.dat file contains all of the flash/read info we need to diagnose flash issues such as this.

Tuner in Training
    The Debug file is in the the 4 attachments on the 2nd e mail i sent. let me resend the debug file by itself..

Tuner in Training
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 154403.png This is my debug file, i sent the last 3 files.... THE VCM DOSNT CONNECT TOO the 2 PCM's i have so i cant not get a debug file while connected

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nope, none of those are a debug file.

The debug file is literally named debug.dat.

Tuner in Training
    i accidently deleted the last post, when i was on my phone... but that doesn't matter. I'm at the car now i have internet access i have the MPVI3 plugged into the laptop, i pressed help, resync interface for the firmware update i was supposed too get but i have no gotten an update for it. But yesterday i did before i sent the debug file.

Update just a bit of a delay for the update firmware i'm going too receive, Finger's crossed

Fixed....Firmware update did the job.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-09-2022 at 03:55 AM.