Thread: How does my SD tune look?

How does my SD tune look?

1999 Chevrolet Silverado LQ4, 212/218 .550 .550 TXSpeed Cam, 862 heads. Stock intake, 42lb marine injectors etc. Headers

Just want to have you guys take a peek at my tables real quick. I did not set these up. Just want to see what yall think.

Speed Density Tune 10-6-2022.hpt
    Last edited by shakenfake; 10-11-2022 at 07:54 AM.
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ

The cylinder volume is wrong for a 6.0, so technically all your fueling calculations will be wrong because the computer still thinks it's running a 5.3 engine. So change that value first.

The settings for speed density are fine for all but one. The DTC's and the open/closed loop are set correctly. The high rpm disable is wrong, change that to 7,000rpm

Just remember that you will be tuning the secondary VE table only when in speed density on this computer. The data you log and apply to the secondary VE table will need to be copied over into the primary table so it works when the MAF is turned on. Copy over each row one by one and then interpolate/smooth the whole table to make it work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you. Tomorrow after work I will make the changes.

I?m sure you?ve seen my thread on PT.net, I wanted some tuning input to see if there was something that was off. I will make these changes and see if I can fix some of the tune.

Do I need to change the engine size on my other tune that is not running speed density? I got this from a tuner a couple years ago and I have not touched that since I got it.
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ

All tunes running on that truck need to have the correct cylinder volume. You shouldn't really have two tunes either, kinda everything you do should be in one tune in the end.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Correct it will all end up on one tune. The point of this tune was to eliminate MAF and O2 sensors from being the root cause of a problem I have been having with my fueling. For some reason I seem to be dumping fuel all day long and I have no idea why.
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ

How did the injector flow rate get changed from 21.7 to 41.9?

Don't forget Trans Diagnostics > Max Line Pressure, set all 3 to Disabled. Or else your next post will be "all I did was put it in SD and now it shifts too hard!"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Don't forget Trans Diagnostics > Max Line Pressure, set all 3 to Disabled. Or else your next post will be "all I did was put it in SD and now it shifts too hard!"
    Better add 10% minimum to the line pressure table if you do that. The P01/P59 torque model that controls the line pressure is highly inaccurate without a properly calibrated MAF.

eh I guess I'll drop the SD tuning for right now. I was having issues with my truck and was trying to eliminate MAF and O2 sensors from the equation of why it runs like garbage. Was just double checking to see if the truck should run fine on my SD tune I had.

@blindsquirrel what exactly are you looking at for injector flow rate? I accidentally put stock fuel, should have said stock pump with marine injectors. My mistake.
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ

Injector data is all the injector data, not just the one flow rate table (the only one that's been changed from stock in the file you posted).

Your file vs. a stock 1999 VIN 'T' LM7 file:
    screenshot.11-10-2022 08.19.36.png

Thank you for the help. I have a new tune file that I worked with someone to come up with and will be loading it up tonight and we will see how the truck runs then.
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ

Truck actually runs decent now although it is a regular MAF tune I just loaded. I will have to make a new thread though as this tune definitely needs adjustments. PE is one thing I looked at already that is causing some fuel dumpage.
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ