Thread: 2014 Silverado 5.3 Flex fuel sensor delete

Potential Tuner

2014 Silverado 5.3 Flex fuel sensor delete

In the process of getting the new HP Tuner setup for my '14 Silverado. I was wondering if I can see if the sensor is working or what the issue is before I have to just delete it ? I dont plan on using E85. I read some where I can delete it as well as the DOD. I have more questions of course but this is a start.

Advanced Tuner
    You can disable flex fuel with the flip of a switch, but I'm not really sure why you'd want to instead of just fixing the issue if there is one.

What are you having a problem with?
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Potential Tuner
    It shows a code P0178 and have changed the sensor with a AC Delco replacement and the code still shows..... Wasnt sure if before I deleted it if the HP Tuner would show any type of data to show its reading the sensor or if its just a defective issue with the replacement part. also have a p0186 (Flex fuel temp sensor) and a P06DD code showing up..... Also I dont care for the feature of the flex fuel with the crappy fuel mileage I am getting.

Could disable it and set stoich across the board to 14.10 and just run normal gas

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoracing View Post
    In the process of getting the new HP Tuner setup for my '14 Silverado. I was wondering if I can see if the sensor is working or what the issue is before I have to just delete it ? I dont plan on using E85. I read some where I can delete it as well as the DOD. I have more questions of course but this is a start.
    you can only see alcohol % in fuel in Scanner. Also there are two kinds of Flex sensors, one is physical and "second one" is only math parameter. Both give same result of alcohol % in fuel. I always disable them cause we do not have this fuel here in Poland (Europe) and FLEX causes alot of issues when running LPG/CNG.

best regards