Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite v4.6 Now Available!

Potential Tuner
    Just downloaded 4.6.30 and can't log in to the scanner. Getting Unhandled Exception every time. Removed did and put back the 4.4 version and scanner works like a charm.

OS is Windows 10 Home and Laptop is a Dell Inspiron. Any advise?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    Just downloaded 4.6.30 and can't log in to the scanner. Getting Unhandled Exception every time. Removed did and put back the 4.4 version and scanner works like a charm.

OS is Windows 10 Home and Laptop is a Dell Inspiron. Any advise?
    Make sure your computer is completely up to date. No issues here...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No, we don't expect any driver updates for quite sometime, if ever.
    I asked this question on another page and never got an answer, thought I'd hit you here. When updating the software, in all my reading I notice the word "firmware", I was wondering if this is an automatic install thing or do we need "firmware files" to load.
    Like drivers in PC's, Firmware in devices, typically there is a procedure to update this.
    I'm on the newest version, still using the MPVI pro from 6 years ago (that's where I remembered asking, in a post about being afraid to update)
    Any comments here will be helpful since I had that "write timeout" I was luckily able to ever come from another post I made.

Please help understand how to know if I am ALL up to date, software and firmware.

Thanks
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GrcyGtr View Post
    I asked this question on another page and never got an answer, thought I'd hit you here. When updating the software, in all my reading I notice the word "firmware", I was wondering if this is an automatic install thing or do we need "firmware files" to load.
    Like drivers in PC's, Firmware in devices, typically there is a procedure to update this.
    I'm on the newest version, still using the MPVI pro from 6 years ago (that's where I remembered asking, in a post about being afraid to update)
    Any comments here will be helpful since I had that "write timeout" I was luckily able to ever come from another post I made.

Please help understand how to know if I am ALL up to date, software and firmware.

Thanks
    Firmware is automatically updated when our software notices an older firmware being used, no separate download is necessary.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Make sure your computer is completely up to date. No issues here...
    latest update of windows 10 (version 1909) and .net framework 4.8 installed.. still the same...screenshot.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    latest update of windows 10 (version 1909) and .net framework 4.8 installed.. still the same...screenshot.jpg
    Can you uninstall, delete all folders and reinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricks82 View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but I decided to try to upload the factory tune file for my 2020 Sierra 6.2L and post it in the repository, But so far I cannot read the tune file. Is a ECM mod required just to read a tune? I did download V4.6 version last night and tried again.....not planning on modifying the tune, just thought it would be good practice with this new hardware.
    Attachment 98659

If you get ahold of that tune, please let us know when you upload. there are currently 0 2019+ ECUs for sierra/silverados on the repository.

I wanted to look and see how they set up torque management. My 2020 Sierra Denali does a few interesting things and I suspect it's torque management related. Not looking to tune it, just want to understand how it's setup.

I have an MVPI1, so I don't think I can even datalog it

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know if it's just me but I've upgraded to the latest 4.6.3 suite and have found it to be extremely slow in opening up a tune through the editor as well as connecting to the vehicle through the scanner. MVPI2 + Windows 10 OS.
    Anyone else been experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but I've upgraded to the latest 4.6.3 suite and have found it to be extremely slow in opening up a tune through the editor as well as connecting to the vehicle through the scanner. MVPI2 + Windows 10 OS.
    Anyone else been experiencing this?
    Mine does open a tad slower as well, but the more powerful the program......
    My design software takes almost 1 full minute to open a design file. It is online all time, but still.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

I noticed that the 96-02 Dodge trucks with the JTEC PCM are now supported. This is great news. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel (47RE Automatic). I know the Diesel trucks are not supported for Engine tuning. However, the PCM in these trucks is for the transmission only. I tried reading the PCM, the "Get Info" seemed to work, I typed in the VIN, and it attempted to read. It asked me to turn the key off, wait 3 seconds, turn the key on, and click OK. After clicking OK, it immediately times out.

I entered ticket #217225 for this topic. I realize that the official answer is that this vehicle is not supported. However, It is my understanding that the controller hardware is the same technology for the 1500 Gas version with the 46RE. Is there any chance we can give this a shot? This would be a game changer, just the ability to adjust OD and Lockup on a heavily modified truck. A solution for this would be amazing. If this topic is not an appropriate place to ask this question, please let me know and I can wipe this out and post elsewhere.

Thank you for your time,
    -Kole

Edit: Apparently, even though VCM Editor detects the PCM as JTEC, it is a "CM" controller according to Christopher from support. Apparently other vehicles with the same hardware are supported. So... Can we try to get this CM PCM to read? Is there any plans otherwise? Thanks again.
    Last edited by kzimmer; 05-05-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Noted. We will investigate on a Windows 7 machine to see what can be done.
    Solved: setting compatibility mode to 'Windows 7' fixes this. (already running Win7, don't ask me why this works...)

screenshot.14-05-2020 19.35.33.png

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Solved: setting compatibility mode to 'Windows 7' fixes this. (already running Win7, don't ask me why this works...)

screenshot.14-05-2020 19.35.33.png
    yep that fixed mine too

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    yep that fixed mine too
    Working with and building, maintaining and working with computers as much as I have over the years, I guess I should have paid more attention at the beginning of this thread, as I could have easily recommended the "compatibility settings"
    I've just been so involved tuning my TBSS and have several posts I was trying to get help with, it just totally slipped my mind!
    My apologies, I am no tuning expert, but I am really good with computers, so NEXT time, I'll be more aware of others problems and possible solutions than I was on this one!

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Trying to update to 4.6 on my laptop and I get through the installation wizard steps and when I click install, the window flashes then pops up saying the wizard and stopped prematurely with a message below it saying to try again later. Was able to update to the newest version on my other computer with no issues. Any solution?

Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    Trying to update to 4.6 on my laptop and I get through the installation wizard steps and when I click install, the window flashes then pops up saying the wizard and stopped prematurely with a message below it saying to try again later. Was able to update to the newest version on my other computer with no issues. Any solution?
    What version of Windows OS is on your laptop?
    Make sure it is up to date, even the GFX card. Windows updates, all of it. The simplest little thing can cause chaos at times it seems.

My setup in home;

Screenshot (93).png

I use 2 24" and that's a screenshot.
    My laptop is a 17", I really need a little smaller for tuning and logging, but hey, it's at least easy to see.
    Last edited by 00GrcyGtr; 06-19-2020 at 07:01 AM.

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Tuner in Training
    are you doing 2018+ bi turbo 2.0l everest/ranger
    pcm.PNG

Potential Tuner
    how do you read the ecu... same as this car can only read tcu

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by raja imran View Post
    how do you read the ecu... same as this car can only read tcu
    https://support.hptuners.com/hc/en-u...d-Flash-an-ECM
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Does the ECM have to be unlocked to read the stock tune?

What vehicle?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.