Thread: 2013 Ecoboost F150 Commanding Stoich at WOT

2013 Ecoboost F150 Commanding Stoich at WOT

Hello everyone. I will post the tune file and a log later this evening, but I wanted to get this ball rolling a bit.

I have a 2013 EB F150 that I have been doing some work on. I have gotten to a point where I am comfortable enough to start adding some torque to it and have been slowly chipping away at limiters as they pop up. The last week or so I have ran into an issue where at WOT the truck will be in power enrichment and then just suddenly command stoich. Previously this was an issue that I was band-aiding by using the exhaust temp enrichment, but I want to do this the correct way. Does anyone have any ideas on what limiters/tables I could check that would try to control torque based on fuel (I believe that's what is happening).

Thanks!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    yes your torque tables would be far off which will not have you get into PE
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

The torque tables have not been modified from the stock values. I altered them previously and ended up running into other issues so I restarted from stock.

I should add that the truck is completely stock (down to OEM panel filter) aside from tuning...

Quote Originally Posted by Evo8john View Post

here is one you can compare to this is a tune only 3.5 ecoboost

I checked this out and I was curious why you altered the torque tables so much in an(essentially) factory truck. I was under the understanding that one should leave these alone unless significant alterations had been made to alter the power curve of the truck.

I checked this out and I was curious why you altered the torque tables so much in an(essentially) factory truck. I was under the understanding that one should leave these alone unless significant alterations had been made to alter the power curve of the truck.
    being a turbo car means that the addition of boost is done through the torque tables thats why you have to modify them extensively

I had good luck by adding boost through commanding a higher torque value, provided that value was still one that was on the table. I have seen where people would add an additional load row (say 2.0 on the top instead of 1.8) and extrapolating the torque value up in that area. Not trying to argue or doubt you, I just want to understand this all the best I can.

Thanks for your time thus far!

Quote Originally Posted by malikib View Post
    being a turbo car means that the addition of boost is done through the torque tables thats why you have to modify them extensively
    What he said^^^
    More torque needs to be commanded to compensate for more boost or throttle closers may occur

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardoc22 View Post
    What he said^^^
    More torque needs to be commanded to compensate for more boost or throttle closers may occur
    I should clarify... I was asking why the indicated torque tables were altered, not the driver demand torque tables. I have gotten up to 17 psi with the OE torque tables and just a higher driver demand at WOT that I extrapolated down to OE values over about 3 rows.

Tuner in Training
    I should clarify... I was asking why the indicated torque tables were altered, not the driver demand torque tables. I have gotten up to 17 psi with the OE torque tables and just a higher driver demand at WOT that I extrapolated down to OE values over about 3 rows.
    This was my impression as well. I thought the TTL and LTT tables were calibrated tables from the engine dyno.

If you were to upgrade to the Borg Warner GT or Garrett Powermax turbos you can tweak the Torque to Load tables to better represent the airflow.
    Last edited by mass-hole; 11-25-2020 at 04:05 PM.
    2014 F150 EcoBoost

Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    This was my impression as well. I thought the TTL and LTT tables were calibrated tables from the engine dyno.

If you were to upgrade to the Borg Warner GT or Garrett Powermax turbos you can tweak the Torque to Load tables to better represent the airflow.
    Yes, this is exactly how I understood it as well. I'm tuning a completely stock truck, so they should not need changed, beyond adding a tier if your load exceeds the current table (which mine does not).

Now, back to the original issue. I have not really worked on it more, but it was mentioned that my torque table could be keeping me from entering power enrichment. How would this happen when PE is set in my tune to come in at 60% throttle and all the other parameters seem to be met?

I also ran into the same issue about the PE going to stoich part way through a WOT run. I can't remember which changes caused it, as I made so many changes.

This tune was for 94 octane fuel, 100% stock engine other than a cat back exhaust.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    I also ran into the same issue about the PE going to stoich part way through a WOT run. I can't remember which changes caused it, as I made so many changes.

This tune was for 94 octane fuel, 100% stock engine other than a cat back exhaust.

Russ Kemp
    Thank you, Russ. I will take a peak at it tonight and see what differences I can find.