Thread: Help with a scat pack tune...

Tuner

Help with a scat pack tune...

Hi Gents,
    As I mentioned in my previous posts, my 2016 Scat Pack with a Whipple Supercharger and HP tune by the previous owner in another state won't pass inspection here in Vermont because the fuel system and oxygen sensors "aren't ready". I bought a MPVI2 (with Pro features) and just successfully pulled the tune off the vehicle. I am completely new to this and was wondering if any of you guys can tell me what needs editing or enabling on the present tune so I can get it to pass inspection.Please note that the car still has the cats intact and oxygen sensors installed and plugged in. Thank you very much.-Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Turn on P0128, P0300.

See if that helps.

Do you have a colder than stock thermostat?
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner
    I'm not sure, Mr.Spool, as the modifications were done by the previous owner out of state. Would that make a difference in the car failing inspection because it's staying in "closed loop" and the fuel systems and oxygen sensors "aren't ready" ?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDesna View Post
    I'm not sure, Mr.Spool, as the modifications were done by the previous owner out of state. Would that make a difference in the car failing inspection because it's staying in "closed loop" and the fuel systems and oxygen sensors "aren't ready" ?
    Not sure if it matters, but go into fuel - DFCO - decel fuel cut off - enable ECT and put 129
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDesna View Post
    It's possible that the thermostat could cause the P0128 and that may be why it's turned off. Having it turned off is probably why you/re not having the emissions monitors set.

It's pretty easy to swap the thermostat. I would suggest a new factory stock thermostat, not aftermarket.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner
    Hey Mr. Spool, I checked the DTC codes on my tune and P0128 and P0300 are NOT checked under the SES Enable column but are under the MIL column.

Tuner
    I checked that and the previous tuner has ECT enabled with a value of 234. Any ideas ?

Advanced Tuner
    Try the things we told you to do. How bout that?