Thread: Flex Fuel Sensor Bad?

Potential Tuner

Flex Fuel Sensor Bad?

I installed a continental sensor, the same one vermonttuning uses for my make/model, 2017 Camaro 4l turbo, The pin is definitely far enough in and seated correctly, I've taken it out 4-5 times to check for depth of pin #70, no bent pins, the weird thing is that on my HP Scanner it says no Ethanol 0%, But it says 40% Alcohol, I have about 1/4 of 93 & 1/4 E85,When I took out the Plug to double check fitment, I cleared the battery, and the HP Scanner is saying 50.20% Alcohol, but still no Ethanol??? I've read that a 40% reading on the Alcohol could be a defective sensor, Flex Fuel is active, and sensor are both active in Program...Yeah I'm a NOOB.

Advanced Tuner
    Idk what your talking about. My car is a few years older, but I installed a sensor as well and it reads alcohol percentage. I have no "ethanol" table. E85 IS alcohol. regular gasoline is 10% ehtanol, and will read about 10% alcohol on your flex fuel sensor. E85 should read near 80% alcohol if its not mixed with any gasoline. I doubt you will get a "ethanol" percentage as it the same thing.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    Idk what your talking about. My car is a few years older, but I installed a sensor as well and it reads alcohol percentage. I have no "ethanol" table. E85 IS alcohol. regular gasoline is 10% ehtanol, and will read about 10% alcohol on your flex fuel sensor. E85 should read near 80% alcohol if its not mixed with any gasoline. I doubt you will get a "ethanol" percentage as it the same thing.
    Well started the car today and it said 40% Alcohol, after adding $10 E-85....Same, Drove for a half an hour, Added 93......Same, I think that's a default for a bad sensor..

Potential Tuner

Back to School

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper_rs View Post
    Well started the car today and it said 40% Alcohol, after adding $10 E-85....Same, Drove for a half an hour, Added 93......Same, I think that's a default for a bad sensor..
    Kinda looks like i gotta go back to grade school, I had the pin in #71 instead of #70